Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    S-kippy-- I've been searching hi and low for lead wire in all my local tackle shops and on the internet, loads available from trout angling outlets but it is too fine for my requirements. Is yours old stock or do you know a supplier who I may contact.
    Sorry...its some old stuff from years ago...always thought it would come in useful one day.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime monster View Post
    CC what the hell is eating you?, Can't anyone post on here without you pouring disdain on any offer of advice or ideas contrary to yours ?
    Thanks Dave...I was wondering too but I'm not going to fall out over it.

I do not do poles...neither do I do carp, pike, brussell sprouts, liver, Arsenal, bivvies,X- Factor,Elvis,or anything to do with Disney. I dont always fish a float and a centrepin but I will whenever I can because I like it and its not illegal.

That's it really. So far as fishing is concerned I have never had the slightest need to compete....I fish for my pleasure and mine alone.

Skippy

I think I saw you on "Grumpy old men" last week Skippy! Hahahaha!

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

alan whittington Guest

S-kippy,did you try to light shot down the line,8's or less,holding back fairly hard.....feed,cast ,then hold back,it often works,what would people do without 11m+ of carbon,maybe learn to fish again?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Whatmore View Post
    I think I saw you on "Grumpy old men" last week Skippy! Hahahaha!
    Graham...I'm sure that was intended to be tongue in cheek but its fallen a bit flat here after certain earlier comments.

What started as [I thought] a reasonable question seems to have turned into lets-have-a-pop -at -Skippy- who -can't- be -a -proper- angler because- he -doesn't- own -a -pole -and-fly-fishes. How's that work then ?

I choose not to use a pole. End of. The only thing likely to make me grumpy is people who question my personal preference/choice when frankly its none of their business. I find it rather patronising to be perfectly honest.Dear God what did I say that makes everyone suddenly think I only ever use a greenheart rod with a whalebone tip.

Thank you all for your advice.Most of it was useful and I have a few things to try when next the myriad hordes of Windsor dace and I do battle.

But I will NOT be fishing a bloody pole and neither will I lose a moments sleep if you are on the next peg fishing 6 metres to hand and spanking the arse off me.

Skippy

Alan

Yes I did try that with the usual results...enough fish to make me think I've cracked it and then back to normal. Maybe I should have just altered everything every 3rd chuck to confuse the little sods. The biggest problem [I think] is that there are just so many fish they are charging about like maniacs. I reckon I could have put a ton of hemp in and still not filled them up. At least I wasn't on caster...that would have been an expensive morning !
    Last edited by S-Kippy; 06-09-2010 at 22:38.

Lead wire...?

Don't bother, use solder.
    Next cast ...

Idler's Quest

can't be bothered

alan whittington Guest

Another option is to find out how high they are coming up in the water and attack them there,i usually find waggler better on the seed,but its all down to preference.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Lead wire...?

Don't bother, use solder.
    The line would melt when I put it on

Skippy it was meant in a lighthearted way and I trust it was taken as such.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

skippy

does it have to be hemp and tares? the reason I ask is cos a mate of mine just got back from a boating holiday on the thames... he wasn't going to be fishing seriously and so could only pick up some supermarket bait... and was then really surprised to start catching really good quality roach on sweetcorn. Just waggler fishing a foot off bottom (though most of the fish came on the drop)... nothing under 10oz or so, but nothing over a pound. Better than inch long chublets!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast