Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Rare floats I would like to own.....

My stock of decent floats has dwindled over the years. Some or most are out of production or fashion.
    The ones I am after are....
    2 swan drennan reversed peacock wagglers 12". usually grey with red and white tip.
    MAP Dave Harrell 6BB peacock 11" to 12" wagglers usually green with red top.
    Drennan pole sticks any size.
    drennan lignum sticks any size.
    I will pay postage and any reasonable price for them , they are for my personal use and not for resale.
    Or if you know of any shops or suppliers please PM me.
    Thanks in advance .
    simon.
    Last edited by peter crabtree; 07-09-2010 at 20:10. Reason: typos

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Simon

I'm sure I've got some lignum sticks somewhere.I'll have a sort through & if they are still there bring them to Blenheim.

Skippy

Do you have a pic of the peacock wagglers , i think that i know where i can buy them

gr jerry

don't forget to keep your eye on fleabay,

i would like to be able to help you out in other ways, but this would require me to remove them from my collection.

I tend to go through stages with floats.
    I buy two or three every time I visit the tackle shop for a few weeks and then none for months
    Then I find I've lost or broken many of them so I'm back to stocking up again
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

I am also looking for the Drennan reversed wagglers, but they only seemed to make them for a year or so, I think in the 90's.
    They are the best floats for light dragging bottom that I have ever fished with, and very slim and delicate that they easily bend or break.
    Had dozens of Roach over a pound with this method when the stick will not give perfect presentation.
    Would love a couple of sets of these.

Will look through my collection Peter, any i have, you can have
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

This isn't afloat that I can remember, this reversed waggler. Could someone please post a picture or provide a link?

They sound just the sort of float I'd enjoy trying to make.
    The Indifferent Crucian.

I second that. I'm presuming a reversed waggler is one made using tapered peacock quill with the thicker end at the base. That's how I make mine. I also do wagglers with three pieces of peacock to get even more taper. These cast very well. The real answer with wagglers is to source some quill and make your own. That's what I've done for 35 years and wagglers are very easy to make compared to some other floats.

Image used to make them and as with all thing made by Image they were good floats, we used them on windy days fishing still water but though they were excellent floats I never did understand the reasoning behind them.

If you are using them for dragging the river bed Simon have you thought of using speci wagglers, they take a lot of shot and are ideal for dragging the bait slowly through the swim?

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast