Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hooking hard pellets

A couple of years ago I read (on here I think) about a method of attaching hard pellets using pieces of nylon stocking stuck on with superglue. It seemed to be a popular method on the match circuit at the time. I tried it and found it quite difficult to get them to stick,( perhaps it was the cheapskate glue I was using). The ones that did stick seemed to work quite well, and in principle is a brilliant idea. Has anyone else tried it, or is banded pellet easier and as successful.

Blog Entries

Why not use a knotless knot and glue you pellet(s)to the hair?

An alternative would be to glue pellet(s) to a piece of elastic band.

And why go to all that trouble when you band the pellet to the hook, quick and clean. I really don't know why anglers complicate things, remember the wise words - "keep it simple".

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Why not try wrapping the hard pellt in the stockings. Just place the pellet into a piece, then twist until tight. Using a piece of dental floss to tie off. You can then either nick the hook into the stocking material or use the tag end of the floss to tie to hook bend (hair) I have been using this method for a few years now except I now use it for paste more. The advantage of using pellet is this can be done at home.
    This provides an excellent presentaion and once wet is almost completely invissible.
    PaSC Designated On Road Driver

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTodd View Post
    Why not try wrapping the hard pellt in the stockings. Just place the pellet into a piece, then twist until tight. Using a piece of dental floss to tie off. You can then either nick the hook into the stocking material or use the tag end of the floss to tie to hook bend (hair) I have been using this method for a few years now except I now use it for paste more. The advantage of using pellet is this can be done at home.
    This provides an excellent presentaion and once wet is almost completely invissible.
    Sounds good Mark. Do you think it's best to take the stockings off first, or am I just being old fashioned?

No mate leave them on and create your own fish net. Then if you're not catching you have a ready made cast net. Two birds one stone, bargain!
    I get some very funny looks from anglers who see me using tights to wrap my baits. Strange how there opinion changes when they see the result.
    I've said this before on another thread but, always use new ones as ones that have been laundered don't work for obvious reasons.
    When I first started using them I was concerned about fish ingesting bits of nylon. Tests have proved this does not occur. What happens is when the fish bite on the bait the bag bursts open and the piece of nylon is ejected.
    PaSC Designated On Road Driver

7. Default

Bait tech pre drilled halibut pellets are excellent fish catchers .

If you soak them carefully in (if you can get it ) TIGERNUT & MAPLE FLAVOUR GLUG DIP then tip with a small plastic sweetcorn amazing results guaranteed on every water that contains carp or bream but don't over soak and they only last maxim 15 minutes on the hair .

This method works best on a 2" hook length to a flat bed method feeder.

I can't see the point of buying un-drilled halibut's now .
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 10-09-2010 at 09:17.

Come to think of it, we used to use nylon stocking bags sea fishing using mussels that were too small or soft for hooking. We'd make a few up and freeze them. Definitely caught doggies on it. Just goes to show, there's nothing new, it's all been done before

Never felt confident of bands on a bigger river. It doesn't have to be proven - I just can't do it confidently - that elastic band method is well worth a look, line a load up, glue em, let it dry then cut to size, hooking thru the lassy band. When my 12mm CC Moore boilies dry up, I might give it a go!!! Pre-drilled, tried em, they break. 'Hali-hhoker' - they fall off the hook and hair.

Do you find ordinary superglue works ok?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast