Greenhalgh the lake Kirkham

J

jeff launder

Hi fishers,anybody any news on how the lake is fishing at the moment,match results etc.

fred hall

Reaction score
according to latest AT it's starting to warm up, match winning weights about 40lb. I suspect that given the reasonable weather at present it's going to be packed out over Easter weekend. Not my scene Jeff, how about you?

A

andyb

not mine either pal you cant see the lake for the rule board !! fished it in the past taken mates that had never fished before and they loved it , got to be the easiest carp water in the uk

M

matthew nightingale 2

Sounds like a good place to take my youngster; where is it exactly?

A

andyb

just off the m55 at kirkham , where are you coming from ? if you are coming in toward blackpool on the 55 say , come off kirkham turn off , head toward fleetwood , pub on your right blue anchor , take first left after pub (greenhalgh lane think ? )about a mile down on your right . i take my son (age 9) quite regulaly at the moment he just watches and learns , and nets em for me the rules do tend to put me off letting him have a bash himself , coz they are very keen !!!! (baliff) i got a real bol******g for carrying the fish back to the waters edge , very low down and taking the upmost care as always , he (the baliff) insisted i return all fish in the landing net , which i have done since . however im not happy doing it as i tried to explain that fishes fins etc get caught up in the mesh of the landing net causing more harm than good . he wouldnt have it though , suggested returning them in a weigh sling (i think much safer ) but he wouldnt have that either !!

M

matthew nightingale 2

Andy,

I'd be coming from Blackburn so your directions makes sense; junction I presume is Junction 3 off the the M55. Sounds like I might give it a miss though if I'm going to get hassled by an over zealous bailiff. It wouldn't bother me so much but I wouldn't want my lad embarassed and put off.

Are there any other 'easy' carp waters in the area. I'm keen that if I take the lad we catch a couple (and I've never fished for Carp before - my kit is all river barbel stuff).

M

A

andyb

hi mat maybe its just me , clashing etc , but honestly i get on with everybody , and dont normally have a problem . i dont know perhaps give it a go sometime on your own and see what you think .on the other easy carp water thing there`s a few round and about but probably not quite as easy as greenhalgh , theres whitmore just round the corner from g/halgh , i`ll post directions tues when ive had a word with me mate he fishes it all the time , ive never fished it , but im told it is quite easy . the barbel rods might come in usefull coz its wick with em i believe . theres also the water`s at hambleton opposite the garage just as you go over shard bridge (mile or so). Hudsons farm match lake at st michaels , there`s probably a load more that i`ll think of later (just been to the pub ) theres also a website that covers all the fisheries on the fylde and round about i`ll get that sorted as well cheers andy

Gazhilla

Reaction score
Greenhalgh is starting to fish well, pegs 28 and 29 are the fliers but there have been instances where the fish have shoaled up tightly in a couple of pegs during matches.
The list of rules is a pain, especially in summer when the fish are shallow and you are banned form feeding with a catty whilst fishing off the bottom is also banned?????
Best methos is definately paste on the long pole or hair rigged 8mm pellets wrapped in paste on the straight lead.
Gary