disposing of maggots

T

The Monk

actually Rons not far off the mark, last time I was in your car mate the bloody thing was full of giant gosser looking blue bottles haha

no I have to go along with Jason on this one, the neigbours letter box especially him at number 38

alternatively, visit an expensive restruant, order a full fillet stake all the trimmings ect, full 5 course and when you get to the cheese board, drop a few maggots in the last peice of cheese

"Whats this, you Bastar**, I`m not paying for that"

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

A Full Fillet Stake.

Rammed through the heart with maggots crawling out from the blood in abundance.

So that's how you exorcise the vampires is it mate?

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Freeze 'em, then next time you go out mix them in your groundbait. Bream, Carp and Tench love them and try a couple on the hook if targetting Bream. I've had some of my best catches on dead maggot.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Richard,

I seem to recall reading somewhere that maggots contained a strain of food poisoning or toxin which was damaging to birds. Can anyone confirm?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

In that case (if they are poisonous)--feed them to Cormorants ,Magpies and Wood Pigeons ---all spawn of the devil !!!

J

jason fisher

anti's propaganda that one nigel, i've fed maggots to birds for years, i had one robin down by the thames who was semi tame on them, he used to turn up within minutes and sit on my bank stick waiting for his food.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What's wrong with a Woody Ed.

Darned nice eating. I've shot many in my life.

W

Wolfman Woody

Nothing wrong with woodies at all.

You leave us alone, Scouse git!

M

Mr. Uncredible

Jason - I've had that semi-tame scenario with a bird before...oh no wrong thread! That's for the baitbox! Seriously there was one like that all season long on the Throop. If I left my mates swim or vice versa it would follow either of us and sit on the rods or rests waiting to be fed. There's a wagtail and a chaffinch that do the same on one of the Newlands lakes too.

M

Mr. Uncredible

Must admit that I do as Phil says and keep them for feeder maggots generally. If I have a lot and won't be going for some time then they go on the lawn in a clay saucer for the birds. It gets swamped!

M

Mr. Uncredible

And woody's are alright Ed. I once had a mate who was woody and he died so don't find your comments funny. Please apologise!

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
I remember one incident I was fishing on Lomond for roach bagging up as usual when a young lad his mate and two girls pulled up in a very flash and new (probably dads) speedboat, I was sat on lower jetty so moved keepnet rods etc etc so they could come alongside and get out thinking they would pull boat over to high jetty until they got back so out they get and I asked em very politely if they could pull it round to the higher jetty.....the reply came "F##K off its a jetty for boats and you shouldnt be fishing here anyway" so after a bit of a stand up argument where sense overcame my anger....they were all going for a swim I thought ah well I was gonna knock it on the head in 45 mins anyway so I resigned to packed up early, off they went to the pub....I then realised I hade loads and loads of maggot to get rid of, we had just got back from a trip to OXford and I had all the leftover bait...about 7 or 8 pints....I couldnt ggo fishing for a while so I just tipped em in the boat......now I dont know if you have seen in many flash speed boats but they tend to have nice deep waterproof carpet....I honestly didnt know 7 pints of maggots could dissapear that quickly LMAO
Would of luved to see the boat a few days later when the flys arrived I bet his Dad was well impressed......

T

The Monk

ooooopppss sorry mate, wrong letter box!, tell em I apologise next door!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Woodpigeons eat all my cabbage,cauli and calabrese plants --thats why I hate them ......

M

mark williams 4

My confession of using maggots as a weapon relates to a t***er who once decided it might be a good idea to run me and my motorcycle off the road with his green Cortina. He'd followed me out of the local that midsummer day, and did his best to murder me by sideswiping me.
I reported him the the local copper, who reassured me he'd post someone near the pub and see if they could get him for drink driving. A coule of days later, I spotted his car in the pub car park, widows slightly open to let the heat out. Shot home, collected a pint of gozzers and tipped them into his car before scarpering.
A couple of days after that, the copper stopped me and told me they'd caught the bloke tanked up, in his company Cortina, and he was probably out of a job as well as banned.
"'Orrible bloke, my mate said," said the copper. "Dirty, too. The car was full of flies..."