landing net handle

barbelmanalan

Reaction score
i have an idea for a new concept for a landing net handle. as you can appreciate i cannot say much about yet as it is an early design stage at the moment am looking for a manufacturer .regards alan

W

Wolfman Woody

I hadn't noticed that in the sub-title before:
"Jeff Woodhouse (with a little help from Graham) puts this 6ft landing net handle through its paces"

"with a little help from Graham"? Only because he forgot his! :eek:)

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

"This type of handle suits me fine. It?s the same length as many of the rods I use so it will also help to protect their tips when I push the quiver, with the handle, into the car."

6ft quiver rods? FOR BARBEL?

W

Wolfman Woody

Frank can't divide, perhaps. :eek:)

Barbelmanalamamalan (geez, and people have trouble with my nickname!) I suggest,

Work the idea through to a fully working prototype, if you can. If not, then you might have to hand over the drawing to a manufacturer and hope they pay you something for it. Either way, it's difficult to squeeze any money out of this game unless you are prepared to fund the whole show through manufacture and marketting. Could be looking at over ?100,000 before you make a penny in return.

A friend designed and had made a new type of pole feeder cup. It, together with the prototypes, cost him over ?20,000 and it didn't take off. He ended up selling them direct, all 2 dozen of them. Lesson is: ask - is the market looking for this solution? If the answer is "no" - drop it.