Korum Chair

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the new chair. I have read some of the comments and I must admit I am a little put off by some of them, in respect to the weight. I thought it was made of alluminium and therefore on the lighter side. I do use a sack truck if I have to go any distance so suppose it would not make much difference. But are they as good as makers say. ??

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
Just bought one and got it for ?55,seems sturdy enough and it looks like it wont collapse.I did'nt have enough money for the accessories but will use the gear off my seat box and make do.Will let you know later how I get on with it tomorrow.You will be fine with atrolley with it or a short walk.Check out the tackle review Trevor.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
tony,i`m looking for a new chair and have narrowed it down to the korum chair or the wychwood superlight recliner.
i would be intrested in what youve got to say about the chair,particulary the how comfortable it is to sit on it,would it be comfortable enough for a night session???also i`d be intrested in how sturdy the legs are???
you cant beat an honest and frank reveiw of a product from someone who has brought and actually used it.

Reaction score
Hi guys. My reason for thinking about getting one is that I cannot sit for long on a seat box due to having a bit of a bad back but wanted the facility of being able to use accessories close to hand and the fact that a lot of fisheries these days have concrete slabs. thanks for the info will also let you know if I get one and how I get on.

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
Just got back,not the most comfortable but maybe I need to adjust the string underneath(bit hard) but the leg adjustments are easier than pushing little bits in and catching your fingers,and it sits nice and high.The strap is a good idea for carrying and hardly noticed the weight.
Good feet on legs and I think well worth the ?55.
Forgot to mention that the tackle shop had no feeder arms left but looked at the one in the shop and as you can move them in any direction seem a good buy at about ?18.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Nick said, "you cant beat an honest and frank reveiw of a product from someone who has brought and actually used it."

Agreed, and I admit I didn't buy the chair, but I do use it and it was an honest review.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
sorry graham,i didnt mean it sound that way.
i`m always intrested in a "first impressions" type review of a product i may be looking at purchasing and even more intrested in a "seen it,brought it,used it and bashed it about" type reveiw.
sorry again if you thought i was doubting your honesty.

Reaction score
Hi I went out and bought the korum chair today, and found that Tonys comments about the weight were right. It does not seem to be overly heavy. However I did find that the legs were quite stiff to put into position, but this may get better with use. I wanted to raise another point, in respect that it does not come with a bag. The shop did say that one of the sheakspeare ones fits, so will try and get one of those. Just thought for the price you would get one as standard. I found that the one I got was very comfortable. Think thought its well worth the price.

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
Also with the chair you get a side tray.Not alot of use really,Very small and flimsy,I put my side tray on from my seat box.
Excellent point about the stiff legs Trevor.On the one hand you can be certain that they wont collapse on you but they may be a problem for poeple with not much grip(I mean any one slightly arthritic maybe)

F

Feeling tranquil

Does anyone know if their is a Wychwood website? I've searched and can't find....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Go to home page, click on UP ad. Sometimes on banner ad above.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's still there, I've just had a look. The ad boxes move up and down and right now it's bottom right.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Might be good for a long winter night in a single big chub swim, what do you think Graham ?

alan goodlad

Reaction score
I have a korum chair and I baught some long korum legs for better height and fitting attachments only to find they were slightly bigger box section and would not slide as well , but I do recomend the chair and with a few ajustments my rod goes further forward and at angles ,but I hpe to take the leg matter up with Korum does anyone have a E MAIL for them !!!!!!!!!!

G

Gary Knowles 2

Alan - I know someone who works for them but for abvious reasons i can't pass on his personal details. If you drop me a private mail explaining in detail the problem you'd encountered I'd be happy to ask him if he'd look into it for you.

Cheers

Gary

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Alan, email John Walsh. He'll be glad to sort it out: johnw@innovations90.freeserve.co.uk

Gary, I'm currently using it on the river for barbelling where it's only a short walk of no more than about 500 yards or so to the swim. Well worth the extra effort of carrying it when it's not too far. It's an excellent chair.

G

Gary Knowles 2

With the extras Graham or do you still use rod rests in the bank ?