Freds Angling Experience

I

IAN HOBKIRK 2

Hi Fred,
Well done on the prize (Fish) mate.Also the write up to.I'am honered to called one of your mates as i'am always taking the pee.

And by the way its Hobkirk yeh wally.

Regards

The Burmese Barbeler

I

IAN HOBKIRK 2

Ops think this should have gone on the general thread can it be moved ?

The Burmese Barbeler

I

IAN HOBKIRK 2

Not yet and don't give me an excuse to be :)

The Burmese Barbeler

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Hobby,sorry pal. What's with the 2,is it an alias?

Anybody know a guide to assist with another prize I've won,this time at The Haven on the Teme.

I

IAN HOBKIRK 2

Don't no Fred. I use to post on here a while back with my original name as you see it. Maybe stuff has changed?

Can this thread be moved to General then?

The Burmese Barbeler

T

Tony Rocca

Dont do guiding and have never fished the Haven Fred but I could pretend if your paying.

T

tommo

Nice write up matey, one question though...

You still using those old glasses right????

Still coming down mate?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
When you get a number after your name (as in Ian Hobkirk 2) it means that there is more than one Ian Hobkirk registered with FM (or an Ian Hobkirk who has registered more than once) and in this case Ian, above, is the second one to register.

The easy answer is to go top left of this page, click on 'my details' and fill in the nickname box. Providing your details are there for all to see if anyone so chooses nicknames are fine.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nice one Fred and now you've won another prize, I think you must have had coaching in the luck business as well.

Don't know the Haven on the Teme Fred but one thing is for sure, you will enjoy it, it is one beautiful river. The Teme is one of those rivers that its a joy just to be there and if you catch some fish then thats an added bonus, I'm sure you will love it mate.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Just had a sudden rush of memory to the head, is the Haven what I used to know as Bransford bridge near Worcester, if it is I used to fish it in the 70's and 80's when it was a predominantly a chub stretch.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Nice write up Fred. I think I know the bridge on the Loddon you were talking about - I was stood looking off it about 3 weeks ago.

I'm down tehre in 5 weeks but you had me wishing I was there right now!

S

Steve King

The Haven is what used to by Andy Orme's fishery. It's on the Bromyard Road on a bend just before Cotheridge.

Bransford is a different stretch.

T

Tony Rocca

Had time to read it now, good write up Fred.

Love the Parka, those were the days.

Hobby

Reaction score
Thanks Graham M,
Sorted.

Tony,
Never had a sniff of the stuff,unlike you.

Fred,
It is as Steve mentioned.I think it has been taken over by someone.He has also added some extra waters to it.So i think you could be spoilt for choice really.

The Burmese Barbeler

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks for your comments.
Looks like the Teme will have to wait for a refill, before I venture across country.
Tommo,yes,later half of October,if that's alright.

S

Steve King

Late October is a good time to go Fred. Take some climbing boots, crampons and some rope - parts of the Teme have very steep banks!!

hugh middleton

Reaction score
Nice one Fred. Enjoy the Teme. I was there when the ticket was drawn just in case a friend could go too.

TWO Ian Hobkirk's - the mind boggles!!