Day ticket rivers in Birmingham / Warwickshire?

G

Gary Wilson

I live in Birmingham and want to go and fish a river on Monday. Any suggestions? ( Directions would be useful too !!)

P

Paul Williams

Gary,
We wont hold where you live aginst you here mate!! :eek:) how far do you want to travel, what do you want to catch, do you have transport, and are you a BAA member?........sorry to interagate you mate but it does help us point you in the right direction.

G

Gary Wilson

I'm mobile with a motor. I'm not a member of BAA yet, hopefully soon and I'll go for a 30 mile radius?

Gary

P.S. Dont live here by choice mate!! I do as she tells me....

P

Paul Williams

OK then you need a day ticket section!!....get yourself to Holt fleet, the lock keeper there does day tickets.....or a little further down river, over Holt fleet bridge and turn left and left again....you are now heading for Worcester on the Worcester/Tenbury road A443.......you will come to a sign for Grimley on the left......take this turn down to Camp lane.....along this road is a lane that leads down to the locks at Bevere or further on the Camp hotel.......if you can get on the Island at the wier you can catch chub and the occaasianal barbel by fishing the swims from the wier to the point......evenings used to be terrific, the chub used to love cheesepaste, but maggots and swim feeder can catch a decent mixed bag. I haven't been for a couple of years so i hope it is still the same!!
I get called a Brummie Gary.....and i'm a Yamyam....they are so ignorant on this site mate!! LOL

G

Gary Wilson

Cheers Paul, If you are a YamYam you sound quite cheerful considering the Baggies lost again yesterday!!

P

Paul Williams

Baggies....Baggies!!!!!!!.........W.W.F.C are the ONLY football team in the Blackcountry. :eek:)

A

Andrew Thomas

Gary, all BAA waters are fishable on a day ticket; if I was you I would get down to Mal Storey's in Kidderminster, buy your bait and ticket there after picking their brains about where to go. Or phone them first, they are always helpful.

Miles of the Severn and Teme are within 30 minutes of Kiddie. For my money I think the Teme is a better bet than the Severn at the moment. Dunno what Messrs Johnson and Williams think.

P

Paul Williams

Andrew,
I was under the impression day tickets weren't available from BAA on a Sunday, or am i getting mixed up with Hereford DAA? Gary wanted a water for Today (Sunday)
The Teme is probably a better bet, but the swims at Bevere used to be bankers, the only day ticket waters on the Teme that i can think of off the top of my head are the "Peacock" waters on the road into Tenbury (from Stourport or Bewdley)

P

Paul Williams

Andrew,
Sorrrrrrryyyyy MONDAY!!!!! Gary you can fish the BAA waters MONDAYS with a day ticket.....i'm going to soak my head now.

A

Andrew Thomas

Don't do it Paul! The Wolves need all the support they can get!

P

Paul Thompson

Gary, The rivers are staritng to take on some extra water now. I have just come back from brecon, where it rained almost all weekend. Theres a lot of water coming down off the black mountains into the wye, and also off the beacons. I suggest its worth checking the ea website etc and local tackle shops before deciding where to go tommorrow. I hear north wales has had a fair bit of wet stuff also, so expect the severn to be on the up. I came over Bransford bridge on the Teme this afternoon though and it doesn't seen to have risen much, although that may change overnight. Its not a problem if its gradually rising, unless you fish like me.......;o(

S

Stewart Bloor

No wonder Wolves won, Coventry had Paul Williams playing for them....

P

Paul Williams

I'm all of a sweat Sedge, it's hard work being a sleeper!!

G

Gary Wilson

Thanks for the advice, might try the Severn....I wont hold it against anybody supporting a weak Midlands club. I get spoiled watching the great Man City every week!!

R

Ron Clay

There is some excellent fishing on the Warks Avon these days. All the way from Warwick to Pershore you will find good roach, chub and barbel.

Try the Manor Farm stretch near Harvington. Day ticket and really brilliant.

If you are entering Warwickshire from Brum, you may have to moderate your accent somewhat...eh eh!

M

Malcolm Bason

Hey Gary, yep sure did great last season did'nt they eh? <wg> LOL MUFC