River Mole ?

Matty C

Reaction score
hiya guys..

Im thinking of joining dorking angeling next season, primerilly for the mole.. I was wondering if anyone knows if its any good for chub and barbel.. ?
I think I read a post on here saying about quite a few barbel and other species floating belly up down the river earlier this summer, the speculative reason was because of the low oxygen levels.. if this was the mole that it happened on.. does anyone know if its recovered at all, or would it be best if I waited another season or so before I joined.. ?

any help would be fantastic..

thanks guys

Matt

J

John Huntley

This was also reported in the Angling Times. I think only a small section near Dorking was affected. Have a walk along the banks this weekend and chat to any anglers you meet they will be able to let you know.

njb51

Reaction score
There is alot of talk of mole river deaths on barbel fishing world. The mole isn't looking in great condition at the moment so i'd probably leave it for about a month or so before fishing it to help the fish out a bit.

Dorking is meant to be good for both chub and barbel but there are alot of people who know this and so the banks can sometimes be quite busy.

Matty C

Reaction score
cheers guys.. will try n find out more info with local help..

I would imagine the banks do get quite busy, which is why Im thinking carefully about it.. I would like to be able to have a good bash at some barbel if I wanted to, which I cant really do on my local river, but there are a few good shoals of chub, and Im quite used to having about a 2 or 3 mile stretch all to myself nearly every day I fish..

Will keep you posted if I hear something interesting bout the mole.

thanks again

Matt

Matty C

Reaction score
haha.. I knew that question was coming next..
I would rather not broadcast it as I would like to keep it relatively unfished, appologies to those who think Im being rude.. but if you really want to know, send me an email n Ill confess..