Big Chub and Roach book wanted

stret pegger

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here can tell me where i can get a copy of the book Big Chub and Roach: John Etherington's Thoughts and Encounters or SUCCESSFUL ROACH FISHING DAVID CARL FORBES.
I am a Roach enthusiast and would love to own these books if i could track them down can anyone help? I don't want to take out a second morgage to get them but will happily pay a good price if anyone has a copy going spare?

andreagrispi

Reaction score
ebay is your best bet - or amazon....sometimes sells second hand books

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Stret Pegger, I bought my Big Chub and Roach from a fiend who used to buy/ sell hard to get books, I'll give him a call he might have one still.
Found a couple on line between £100 - £120 and one at $301

THIS looks promising @ $25-95, although what the postage would be from NZ?
Obviously chub and roach fishing isn't too popular down-under.

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
Stret Pegger,

I swear by Cochy-bondhu books for rare and out of print books. They are pricey - if my book collection was valued on their prices I'd have a decent pention pot. try them
Coch-y-Bonddu Books

Kind regards,

christian

Big chub and roach.......

Author: Etherington (John).

1985 1st edition. Waterlife Publishers. Ewhurst, Surrey.

Ppvi,118. B/w photographs. Green boards. Foreword by Chris Yates. Some highlighting o/w very good in sl used dust-wrapper.

Intelligent specimen hunting for big roach and chub in the rivers of the south of England.

ISBN: 0951007009
Book Code: 15929

Our Price: £85.00
Quantity:
»

THEY HAVE GOT A COPY!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
stret pegger,

i swear by cochy-bondhu books for rare and out of print books. They are pricey - if my book collection was valued on their prices i'd have a decent pention pot. Try them
coch-y-bonddu books

kind regards,

christian

big chub and roach.......

Author: Etherington (john).

1985 1st edition. Waterlife publishers. Ewhurst, surrey.

Ppvi,118. B/w photographs. Green boards. Foreword by chris yates. Some highlighting o/w very good in sl used dust-wrapper.

Intelligent specimen hunting for big roach and chub in the rivers of the south of england.

Isbn: 0951007009
book code: 15929

our price: £85.00
quantity:
»

they have got a copy!!!!!!!!!!

they have got both titles!!!!!!! Lol!!

The Monk

Reaction score
Didnt realise how much it was worth, I have a mint first edition here

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Paul Morgan (Coch-y-bonndu) must have had a box full a few years ago because I only paid £12.95 for my copy of the Etherington book.

stret pegger

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied i was lucky enough to pick up a copy at what i considered a fair price and it is indeed a great book, well worth the wait. And if any lucky anglers found out they own a book they previously did'nt know was very collectable i am glad for your good fortune. Thankyou to all who replied.

watatoad

Reaction score
I have to admit some book prices almost frighten me. For example the last time I saw a copy of.

The Float by Keith Harwood for sale it was approaching £300.00, yet during the six months before that I only saw two sell for over a bit £200.00.

Still it's very scary.

goonch

Reaction score
I have to admit some book prices almost frighten me. For example the last time I saw a copy of.

The Float by Keith Harwood for sale it was approaching £300.00, yet during the six months before that I only saw two sell for over a bit £200.00.

Still it's very scary.

Where was that? Six months ago that book was still available at the cover price of £45. Sold out now though.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Where was that? Six months ago that book was still available at the cover price of £45. Sold out now though.

I thought it sold out several years ago - it came out in 2003 and there were only 400 c/b copies so I'd be surprised if it took long to sell out.

goonch

Reaction score
It definitely didn't, Mark. I bought a copy from Coch Y Bonddu, at a guess about 3 - 4 months ago, for £45 which as far as I'm aware is the price it's always been. The leathers were still available on Medlar's website after I bought my cloth-bound edition but do appear to have sold out since then.

watatoad

Reaction score
If I remember right it was on ebay international must be over a year ago now