It's going to fish this weekend

andreagrispi

Reaction score
With the steady rise in temperature together with warm south to south westerly winds - warming the water and increasing the oxygen levels.

Stll and moving water venues will hit and rise above the magic 44 degrees.

I'm going to go for an early season tench or bream - they've been in a torpid state since late November. A big catch could be on the cards - I've had 100lb+ catches around this time in the past.

Where will you be fishing and for what??

chav professor

Reaction score
Chub tomorrow!!! I want to up my tally of fours before the end of the season.

then pike on Sunday morning, in search of a river twenty - close at 19lb4oz, but no cigar. I was gutted, it was a massive fish, big head and liong body - just needed to spawn up a bit. it was very empty.

rudd enthusiast

Reaction score
Firstly good luck to everybody reading this whatever your fishing for. If your not then get that passion fired up inside you and get out there!

I'll be fishing for Big Roach on my beloved Kentish Stour. Had one on sunday so I want to get out possibly this afternoon/evening or tommorrow and prove to myself it wasn't unrepeatable. They have seemed rare as rocking horse **** since a boom time for them in the 80s and early 90s on the Stour here. But location is half the battle and I have found a spot or two now so wish me luck.

nick dv

Reaction score
Off to the Avon in a few hours after my elusive Barbel, but will settle for the odd chub, roach, .......;) Tried last Sunday but was plagued by large bream!! Still at least I was catching!

Cheers, Nick :)

noknot

Reaction score
Firstly good luck to everybody reading this whatever your fishing for. If your not then get that passion fired up inside you and get out there!

I'll be fishing for Big Roach on my beloved Kentish Stour. Had one on sunday so I want to get out possibly this afternoon/evening or tommorrow and prove to myself it wasn't unrepeatable. They have seemed rare as rocking horse **** since a boom time for them in the 80s and early 90s on the Stour here. But location is half the battle and I have found a spot or two now so wish me luck.

There used to be huge shouls of Bream in the Stour Nr Canterbury, all over 5lbs and a great fight on light gear, lovely dark colours too! good luck!

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
I went yesterday and caught a nice bag of fairly small roach and a chub of about 2lb from a local pond. Fishing buddy caught more roach, one or two near a pound and a nice winter tench, both used maggots.

Despite the wind I was surprised how few people where out, we had the pond to ourselves and the others on the complex were quite quiet. Just as well as I was fishing the feeder and thats never a pretty sight.

Going friday too with a bit of luck !!! :):):)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Dorset Stour fished well on Tuesday. Plenty of chub to trotted maggot, loose feeding every cast for about 4 hours, they responded really well. Nothing huge by that venues standards but all between about 3:12 and 4:08. Those fishing static bait just seemed to watch unmoving rod tips!

Forgotten how much good fun it is when hooking strong, winter conditioned fish in a powerful flow! :D

River is in superb nick and will probably fish it's head off this weekend (although there's a bit more rain locally today and tomorrow).

But good though that was, the best was a PB double at an ounce over 10lbs earlier on in the day.... my second grandson (Oliver) arrived at 4am that morning.... brilliant :cool:

rudd enthusiast

Reaction score
There used to be huge shouls of Bream in the Stour Nr Canterbury, all over 5lbs and a great fight on light gear, lovely dark colours too! good luck!

The Bream really do go for it when hooked in the Stour, their lake cousins are pretty pathetic in comparison. Im pretty sure I wont be near any in the couple of spots I have in mind though but they are beautifully bronze out of the clear water.

Another mission for another day methinks;)

noknot

Reaction score
The Bream really do go for it when hooked in the Stour, their lake cousins are pretty pathetic in comparison. Im pretty sure I wont be near any in the couple of spots I have in mind though but they are beautifully bronze out of the clear water.

Another mission for another day methinks;)

Deffo worth a go! I used to flyfish for them too nice small white or yellow lure on a 6/7 Hardy, great sport!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I went again this morning from daybreak til 1pm and had several carp....nothing big but some good sport.
It rained the whole time and it was very,very mild for February.Water temperature at
1.5m was 48,5degrees which is a rise of several degrees since last week.

I suggest this weekend will be good on river or stillwater with the former fining down very nicely now.I don't intend missing out so I'm out tomorrow and Saturday-this decent weather won't last!!

sagalout

Reaction score
I am going tomorrow (friday), trying for some early tench on the feeder and try some dead maggot on the pole for anything I can catch.

Just made up some groundbait of liquidised pellet, bit of liquidised dog mixer biscuit, paprika, garlic, and curry powder.

The spot I am going to try produced some lovely early season tench last year so with the rise in temperatures I am hopeful.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Chubb or mebbe barble. I've been lookin at the pictures in that IFCY comic and it looks like they'll be avin it this weekend.

Gunna chuck a load of pellets at em.

fred hall

Reaction score
" It's going to fish this weekend "

Well actually it's fishing now - just got back from an evening on the Ribble where two of us managed 7 barbel, best 8lb, between us and but for the snags would have had a dozen.

chav professor

Reaction score
Shall we post a catch return off the back of this thread - you have built up my enthusiasm (does it count if I go today, as I have friday off).:p

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
(does it count if I go today, as I have friday off)

Days off?

The whole Country is going to rack and ruin, and there you are taking days off?

Ha! The economy is deep in the brown and sticky stuff, and you take a day off?

Get back to work . . . . . . so speaks a poor wage slave who has been in the office for the past hour already . . . . . .

A bluidy day off? I should cocoa!

Mind you, if you do venture out, then "Tight Lines"