River Avon

Red6

Reaction score
Long time no speak - but I need some help please.

On Tuesday 7th Feb, I am going up to Stratford (Warwickshire) for a conference which finishes Thursday lunchtime, 9th Feb. As ever, the rods will be in the car and I am looking at the possibility of spending a couple of hours on the Avon.

Does anybody please know if there are any stretches within close proximity of the A46 heading towards J15 of the M40, that might be available for a couple of hours trotting.

Thanks

Red6

Reaction score
Thanks Graham,

Are these day ticket or free stretches ?

Ian

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Not sure who owns the rights on this water nowadays but I suspect it might be Leamington AA they have a lot of water in that area including the stretch opposite the BAA at Wasperton. I suggest you give this number a ring and see what they have to say, Tel: 01926 491984. This is a tackle shop in Warwick and they are almost sure to know and they will probably put you on to other water round Warwick as well, good luck.

Red6

Reaction score
Doh !!!

Just read this web page (via above link) right town, wrong river - what a dope !!

Ian

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I used to fish a mid week match on this stretch every week in the early 90's and it was a prolific water with weights in the 50's and 60's not uncommon, mostly chub. Every decent peg had a name like the 'crate', 'concord' the 'aquarium' etc then it suddenly went tits up after a large pollution but I'm led to believe its still a decent stretch.

I'll tell you one thing for nothing, none of the water that far up is a big fish water its more of a float and enjoy water on the upper Avon but it can be very enjoyable in the right conditions. Chub average in the half pound to a pound and a half with two pounders plus a bit of a novelty. There used to be quite a few roach and dace as well in those days but I havn't fished it for about 10 years so I'm a bit out of date.

According to their site its not Leamington AA but Wasperton still is.