river Kennet

xenon

Reaction score
the kennet is seriously over-rated and is, in fact trading on past glories whilst being a pale shadow of it's former self. Discuss.

S

Scott Whatmore

the kennet is seriously over-rated and is, in fact trading on past glories whilst being a pale shadow of it's former self. Discuss.

LOL what a load of Bollicks !! Discussion over LOL

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The Kennet was my favourite river ever but I gave up fishing it years ago and have no plans to go back. Over rated shadow of its former self ? Its not the river it was IMO but that's due to a number of factors one of which is that I prefer my car to be still there and in one piece when I return to it.

I miss it terribly...I've had some memorable days on the Kennet but for me its just no longer worth it.

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
The Kennet still is a fine river if you live close enough to fish it often. I found it very moody the last year or so I fished it. Also very crowded at times. Water levels seem to have changed dramatically over the years which I'm sure has had an impact on the fish and where they choose to reside.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
And there are two more reasons why I dont fish it. Too crowded and though its not far it is too far for me to fish often. Plus all my favourite stretches were slowly lost over the years. I made the decision about 6 years ago that,for me, it simply wasn't worth it anymore.

The last time I visited was to a stretch that wasn't heavily fished because it was a long old walk...but where I'd always done very well. Looked like no-one had fished it for years and after a couple of hours I found out why. Whatever I did I simply could not get past the crayfish. I gave up vowing never to return...and I haven't.