how's it fishing

Glen Hayes

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how lower broad heath in worcester is fishing,known localy as the(jam factory).We have a match on IsIand pool on the 1st of April, and what tactics are best,regards a keen fisherman.

Reaction score
Hi Glen,

I haven't been for years but I remember there being a list of banned baits as long as your arm. Each time anglers tried something new it was duly added to the list.

As I say I haven't fished there for a very, very long time so things may have changed...

Might be worth phoning for more info beforehand, in case your bait of choice is on the hit list.

Look here...

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/broadheath/

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
hi glen,i fish for midland social angling club.we fish there every season three pools,sycamore/willow/ash ,we fished there on the 19 of this month,there was 17 of us,10 never got a bit,winning wait was 6lb 4oz,there used to be a lot of trees al round the pools but this year there have choped them down,the fishing is very good,good size carp,except for the other sunday,if its cold and windy rap up well.our next match is on the 9th april on sycamore pool,fishes good on the pole,let me know how you get on/ tony

Glen Hayes

Reaction score
Hi Tony,fished island pool thats the pool at the very top,fished really bad 14lb won the match 8lb second 5lb 3rd at the moment double red maggott is the bait to use on the same pool again this week will let you no how it fishes.By the way all the trees have been cut down on ash pool and it is baron now,regards Glen

P

pons

They are doing a pretty good job of defoliating the place,just a lot of muddy puddles ,trees being replaced by forests of carbon,and fish with no mouths.
Rundown ,and in need of proper managing.

Plenty of fish in there however.

Pons.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
We fished this place on 2 or 3 Wednesdays back in '93 when there were 2 pools only Old pool and the rectangular match pool at the top, just a midweek knock up from Clissets. It was everybody's idea of a fish a chuck carp pool, most being caught right alongside the bank and under your feet, we stopped going because of the state of fish. I kid you not, we used to have a 50p pool for the first to catch a carp with full lips, the poor so and so's were in a terrible state.