Martin Bowler

ide

Reaction score
Hello

Do somebody have a email adress from martin bowler or drennan.
Because i can't find no adress from both

gr jerry

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I have his mobile, you want me to pass on a message?

Joskin

Reaction score
I have his email address but I cant give it to you without his authorisation.
If you tell me what its about I could possibly let him know and pass yours on to him.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Brilliant angler, shame about the hair. Hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes, but would he have got so far, so quickly unless uncle John (Wilson) had pulled a few strings along the way? Perhaps that unfair but then there are many fantastic specimen hunters out there-including some with normal hair-who haven't been invited to make a series of films with Hugh Miles. If you doubt me just try and get your book reviewed in the Angling Times without any help from 'inside'. The only reason I got mine reviewed was because of Keith Arthur's intervention. I wish he was my uncle!

ide

Reaction score
i have spoken him last year and hy has give his mail adress but i lost it
we have spoken about fishing on rivers and on orfe special

gr jerry

P

paul williams 2

martin must be a really nice boy......Wols got his number!

G

Grant Lever

tend to agree with peter bishop,angling times is just one big circus nowadays,get sponsor,they advertise,write for a.t.(read a few old copie,s for ideas).**** walker would never name brands.

F

Fred Bonney

I honestly think that The Angling Times is getting better.Well done Richard.
As for you Peter,I think it does sound like sour grapes.
By the way I'm expecting a copy of your book in the post any day now,I'll let you know what I think.
Grant,there is nothing wrong, with letting the younger angler, read about some of the fisherman of earlier times and their stories. Nostalgia rules.
But,I don't think that was your point, was it.At the time RW was writing, I don't think anybody named brands.Unless it was Spratts Silver Cloud, or something like that!

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Why are anglers always looking for reasons to decry others achievements ?

Martin is a very good angler and has a work ethic that would put most to shame.

The fact that he is related to John Wilson (and John is not his uncle) merely demonstrates that talent runs in families.

F

Fred Bonney

Not only that Andy, he's a smashing bloke too,he's always got time to talk.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Aye, there are plenty of people in this world who got famous for achieving absolutely nothing, zilch, zero, sweet .., talentless muppets with the long term career prospects of a mayfly.

I refer the honourable gentleman to 'Big Brother'...

... case closed.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Martin is definitely a very good angler but a great angler? Not in my opinion but then I'm biased....

I think there is a price to pay for being totally dependent on angling for your living, and that extreme commercial focus can stop you being completely open about a lot of things.

Oh well back to work...