2lb Roach for Steve

quickcedo

Reaction score
I'm sure all those who know Steve Spiller will be aware how long and how hard he has tried for a 2lb Roach. Well he has done it. A fish of 2lb 1oz.
Well done that man.

gremlin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well done Steve.....if i knew you i would buy you a cider to celebrate :wh

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
It's a pity he's not still posting because he would well and truly had the p#ss taken by now........

If you do look in Steve, well done on beating Wendi to something at long last.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I got a pic of the fish on my phone, and you should see the grin on his face. 5 years of trying and at long last, It's a great day for Steve, and i for one am very happy for him.

It is a shame he no longer posts, had some good times with Steve and Wendi, ( i dont mean a threesome ), great guy.

Well done Steve, the drinks are on you when we get together later in the year.

Reaction score
He's looking a very very happy man with that fish....couldn't have happened to a nicer, more genuine bloke.

One of those good news things that makes you smile all evening.

Hope he gets his river 2lb'er soon now...bet he will with the confidence and joy this one's given him.

S

Scott Whatmore

Great news indeed for Steve. And Wendi too, because she can start trying now LMAO

Well done mate !!!!

flightliner

Reaction score
It,s got to be said that Steves two pound roach challenge that he imposed upon himself and declared publicly on the internet put intense pressure on him. Thro out all that time he was under the microscope where he was judged on virtually every fishing trip. Over the time he spent on his quest he was constantly chided (in a friendly way) on his lack of success which must have put even more pressure on him. But he persisted on the job. Over that time he must have had some real doubts as to wether he would find what he was looking for but his dream of a big roach has come to fruition. In a way the task he took on was bigger than what he was looking for and to me that task coupled with his success acheived in the glare of the public gaze makes his roach one of the best I have heard of. Bigger roach are/have been banked but that fish to me is one of the best,
Congratulations Steve, a very well done!!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
hhhhhmmm, need to see the picture and get true species identification from Mr. Wintle, because there are a lot of them hybrids around, right Ray?

This wasn't weighed on the Spiders Scales, was it?

Only joking, well done Steve, at long last, join the club; next a proper one from the river?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, the fact i calibrated his scales for him, depends on how you want to loook at it.
Was it wasnt it?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
hhhhhmmm, need to see the picture and get true species identification from Mr. Wintle, because there are a lot of them hybrids around, right Ray?

What would Mr Wintle know that you don't, and if it is a Hybrid, it is only a small one....................:D

No its a Roach alright, and well done to Steve.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

I'd been told someone has been talking about me so I thought I better check it out. It's nice to know you're all still thinking of me, like I am of you.

The roach was beautiful, all 2lb 1oz of it. The five years may have been six, I'm not sure, but it was well worth the effort. I can't put a picture on here because we can't find the cable, but if anyone has access to my facebook it's on there.

Thanks again for all the kind words and all the banter over the years, I'll pop back in when I've caught a river '2'...........see you in six years time.....ish ;)

Steve.

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Well done Steve, a truly well deserved fish.

Will you be putting a picture on this thread?

:)