floats

Rik Smith

Reaction score
before anyone says use the glow sticks thats not what i want.
I want to get hold of a couple of the old style NIGHTFLOATS NORMALLY BLACKBODIED and held 2 batteries(hearing aid type) which you put in by taking the body off.You could either get them with a green glow or red. anybody know where i can get them. the chemical lights are a bit too bright sometimes and these battery ones were magic for indication.

P

paul williams 2

Rik.....i haven't seen those battery floats about for ages but if it's just a case of the chemical type being to bright for you (i never look directly at it but to the side, that helps) you can always use a low power isotope on your float......gives you far more float choices too.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
isotopes you need eyes like an owl to see them,i've got some waste of money really only any good in bobbins. the chemical lights are to unreliable to me they either run out to quick or dont light up. Must be my dodgy dealer giving me ancient stock!! The old battery floats were great ,i've got a feeling i've seen a new one advertised fairly recently with a long pencil type battery in it . probably in the times but i cant find the sod.
It's a mission now i've got to find them HELP!!!!!!

Milo

Reaction score
There are a fair few of those on eBay too... all you need to do is search for "night float", and you'll find 'em!

Rik Smith

Reaction score
The ideas the same , but that float looks a bit heavy overall. the ones you use to be able to get were like a bodied waggler ,the bodie holding the 2 batteries with about a 5" straight top.
i've just spoken to a dealer i know from bedford and he says zebco make a new type of nightfloat with one long lithium battery in , straight waggler type 2 lengths 7" and about 10" but who sells them?

Milo

Reaction score
Bah! I should've read the text, ignore them, they need starlights!

L

Les Clark

No such thing has a good night float they all play tricks with your eyes ,look away and look back ,you would swear that the float dipped,stick to legering for night fishing ,depending what you are fishing for ,you don`t have to fish "heavy " .

P

paul williams 2

Rik......your dealer must be selling you dodgy isotopes too!

I have never had any problem seeing them!.......the chemical lights i have used also last long enough for a nighttime fishing session........but Les is sock on they ALL playtricks on you.

P

paul williams 2

PS......those battery jobs look like you can really set up a balanced float rig...not!

Rik Smith

Reaction score
the old did it move syndrome with the float,done it loads of times. they're just really great floats for close in fishing for tench at night,just dont look away unless its a crap night then you can convince yourself you had a bite when you look back.The old style float i'm after you can balance it o.k not like that big fat thing.brilliant for the lift-method.
So WHO sells them or the new type!! it was in the angling times not so long ago but i can't find the poxy things AAAAAHHHHHHHGHHHH

William Foxall

Reaction score
apparently theyve stopped making the ones your looking for,but the new waggler type ones are not too bad have a couple in my collection, got them from gerrys of morecambe

Rik Smith

Reaction score
hooray someones found them.!! the new ones.!!
Thanks william , if you're old enough how do they compare brightness wiae with the old ones.And can you tell me who makes them or any special name they have so i can see if i can get them from someone closer than morecombe. cheers

William Foxall

Reaction score
cant remeber who makes them, but i will find out and there a lot brighter than the old ones i've had to darker them down,and better balanced as well,there a fiver ago with battery and you can only buy the bateries in two's but there worth it.good luck

T

Tony Jolley

William.
Can you post any type of "link" to them.
I couldn't se them on gerry's website,

Rik Smith

Reaction score
I've actually just found them advertised in this months IYCF being advertised by DRAGON CARP site www.dragoncarpdirect.com 3 sizes it looks like. ?5.99 each spare batteries ?3.99 for two.
At last founf them . too many people sit back behind the tent flaps and wait for the alarm get out with the float at night and enjoy yourself!!!!