carp fishing in Yorkshire/Derbyshire

klik2change

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a secure good quality carp/coarse venue for a weekend's fishing, roughly equidistant from Liverpool and Boston [Lincs] to meet up with my nephews during the first week in June. Selby 3 lakes is favourite right now. My other internet searches [so far] have turned up zilch in Yorkshire, Derbyshire and [desperate] in Staffordshire. Even Lancashire seems to be empty of decent lakes... at least any advertising on the net.
I must be wrong, surely??

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Lindholme lakes has a specimen water and Alderfen is worth a go. Both are secure and offer decent fish.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Oh and there's Carpvale Doubles as well.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Try Press manor? Chesterfield, very secure, and pictureque, think the carp grow pretty big, some massive perch in there

dezza

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend Press Manor. The middle lake where the big carp, fish to 30lbs live is very pretty, the bottom lake which is a mixed fishery, does as Spiders says, have big perch and there is always the top lake, fly only but well stocked with rainbow trout.

FM members have enjoyed some great days there over the years.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

If you go to Press Manor, you will find the fish eminently stalkable. This is not an overstocked muddy puddle but a clear water lake where you can see the carp, and the carp can see you, if you let them.