Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have bought some scopex flavouring and would like to add to a pint of maggots, there are no instructions on the bottle, the product is ton up scopex flavour.
    how much should I add to get the best result.
    Thanks for any help.

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester Guest

Half a cap full.
    But I had a cracking tip from Andy Nellist a couple of weeks ago. Don't flavour them and chop them up instead. It worked for me.

If its concentrated flavour 2 to 3 ml to the pint is ample, never be tempted to over flavour because this is more likely to turn fish off instead of attracting them.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Mark Hodson Guest

Add your flavour to an empty bait box and rub it all around the box using a very small piece of tissue. Then add the bait leaving the small piece of tissue in with the bait. This method just gives a more even flavouring to all of the bait. Use 1-2ml extra to account for the flavour that will stay on the tissue.

dont forget to riddle/sieve off the maize etc...from the maggots first.
    i`m sure i`ve seen bob roberts flavour some dead maggots with strawberry nutrafruit on a dvd i`ve got???
    i know of someone who used to clean off his maggots etc...kill and flavour them with that liquid camp coffee stuff,they used to work a treat!!!

can you still buy camp coffee??? aint seen it for donkeys years.

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

I think I've got some in the back of the cupboard. I think I've got a plan forming for a certain upcoming match. I'll blame you of course if it fails Nick.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

I believe you can still get it at Tesco's Nick.
    Some people are so poor, that all they have is money

I like my Bream fishing, so i clean my maggots off completely and add half a sachet of my local supermarkets Butterscotch instant whip powder and leave them overnight. This also works very well if sprinkled on slightly damp caster as the powder forms a sweet coating on the shell. It's a good alternative to Brasem, they also do Strawberry, Vanilla, even Chocolate. A good effective way of flavouring bait i think, and cheap at only 16p per sachet, and difficult to overdose.

mark williams 4 Guest

I've tried strawberry, banana, aniseed and even Scopex flavouring - but the maggots still tasted cr*p...

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

Nice tip Tom.

) Mark.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast