What’s your favourite early season chub bait?

walney1956

Reaction score
Have to agree, lobworm did the trick on three chub this morning. In fact lobworm is my favourite bait for barbel, perch and is liked by most other species of fish. Maybe that's why some people don't use it, not selective enough. It looks like a damp evening tonight may visit the playing fields to build up my stock.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
shallow diving crankbaits ;)

007-2.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Have to agree, lobworm did the trick on three chub this morning. In fact lobworm is my favourite bait for barbel, perch and is liked by most other species of fish. Maybe that's why some people don't use it, not selective enough. It looks like a damp evening tonight may visit the playing fields to build up my stock.

Thats what i will be doing later.............................sad i know :eek:mg::D

barbelboi

Reaction score

Good thinking - got to get back in the action of holding the torch with one hand and working out which end to squeeze with the other.:eek:mg:

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Bread in the daytime and cheese in the evening. Lots of other baits work well but these are my favourites.

Frank Elson

Reaction score
It's more than 20 years since I fished for chub - next week I will have a go and I see no reason not to use what I did all those years ago -cheese and/or bread.

chav professor

Reaction score
Luncheon meat in all reality - naturals are a fun distraction and allow me to stalk visible fish - but come dusk, a lump of flavoured meat takes a lot of beating.

Anyone out collecting lobs tonight?

walney1956

Reaction score
The spirit was willing but having been up since 2.30 am this morning the flesh craved its bed. Always tomorrow, forecasr is wetter. Good night.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Much the same as Dave, Bead flake early on and either cheese or worm in the evenings.

In the summer then floating crust works well on my stretches of the Avon, my two best Chub, both 5lbs 15oz have been on crust.

watatoad

Reaction score
1: a sandwich made with white (yes white) bread and dairylea cheese paste (even if its not all that cheesy), remove the crusts and scrunch it up into a sort of paste.
2: Slug
3: Worm