Korum Neoteric Quiver rods-anyone else got one?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Have just bought a Korum Neoteric 12ft quiver. It has an Avon top plus three quiver tips rated at 2,4 and 6ozs. Seems the kind of well made but beefy rod that will handle carp and barbel OK. Anyone else out there bought one? Interested in your opinion as it will be a week or so before I get to use it.Build quality lightness and balance seem good. Same on the bank?

S

Sean Meeghan

Thats not the quiver version Eddie. I've got the twin tip which has 2 avon tops It is a good heavy Barbel rod and I got my PB on it. The quiver top section doesn't fit the twin tip (tried it!) so it probably has a different action. Excellent quality rod which in my opinion is at least as good, if not better than the twin tip Greys rod.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The one Peter has bought has a line rating of 4 - 12lb and a TC of 1.75lb but its still got a lot of power by the sound of it and should handle most rivers in all but the worst conditions.

G

Gary Knowles

Peter - I have one, no doubt about it it's a quality piece of kit. If anyone is thinking of getting one to double up as a small water carp rod though I'd consider the other rod in the same range. The Korum 'twin-tip'. As it suggests it has two top sections one rated 1.75lb the other 2.2lb. The latter obviously better for carp and a great floodwater rod too.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Gary, would be interested in your considered opinion after using it. Would hope to use it on stillwaters as well, float and surface fishing for carp in the 6-15lbs range with maybe 10lbs line? What do you think?
Can you outline in what circumstances you'd choose the 6ozs tip to say the 4 ozs.
It's all Graham Whatmores fault for getting me thinking about the capabilities of my tried a trusted 1 1/4 lb TC john Wilson rod! Least that who I'll blame if the missus sees the Gold card account and gives me grief about buying another rod..."honest love, this chap Graham on FM said I'd struggle with barbel on the Teme and Severn with the other rod!"

G

Gary Knowles

Hi Peter,

Sorry for late reply, been away.

Yes, it would be perfect for the kind of carp fishing you describe. It has quite a short handle, which I really like, it feels much more manouverable than 'casting' rods when playing fish.

With regard to the glass tips, to be honest I don't use them at all, preferring to fish off the 'avon' tip for barbel. however, should I go for the maggot or caster approach for the barbs I may well give the tips a try.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Gary you have puzzled me, why would a quiver tip be better using maggot or caster? Do you think they sometimes mouth those baits and give a less positive bite rather than the usual full blooded bite you get with pellets or a boilie?

G

Gary Knowles

No mate, but it may give you a better indication of what fish were in the swim.

Liners off bigger fish, taps of small stuff.

Anything that gives you an indication of whats going on when you can't see into the swim is a plus in my opinion.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Thanks Gary and Graham for your input. Gave the rod its first test at the weekend. Good progressive action feels like it has loads of power in reserve but a carp of four pounds caught at close range was never going to give it a test. On the Upper Severn when I come back from holiday so hopefully that might be more of a test. Cheers

P

pons

The new twin top rods by Korum are cracking rods,and lovely to use.
The heavier topped 2lb 2oz top has been my normal rod for Carbelling this year,and is also used for Zandering,and personally on the big rivers I fish,the heavier rod is ideal,summer or winter.
The quiver version is good ,and certainly beefy,but well suited for Match Carp and Barbel.
Pons.