Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: DNA ...a new era for records or the start of a big mess ...

Buzz Aldrin was the first man on the Moon. Armstrong removed his name saying NASA had lost it's way.
    PaSC Designated On Road Driver

Berty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTodd View Post
    Buzz Aldrin was the first man on the Moon. Armstrong removed his name saying NASA had lost it's way.

He was first on the moon at something

Blog Entries

Sorry to bring this one up again after it had appeared to have faded into the background but I've been waiting for a reply off a BRFC Committee member so as to once and for all clarify the position regarding 'withdrawing' records.

I asked if I could quote the reply and was given permission. Here it is, in full:

"You cannot withdraw a record that has been ratified and is on the list.

If new facts are made known to the committee by anyone a record could be removed by the committee. The Rainbow Trout is a good example where the captor confessed that he had not caught it.

The record is held by the claimant but they don't own it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Marsden View Post
    "You cannot withdraw a record that has been ratified and is on the list. If new facts are made known to the committee by anyone a record could be removed by the committee.

The Rainbow Trout is a good example where the captor confessed that he had not caught it.

Well, that pretty much solves the question, thanks Graham for the clarification

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Marsden View Post
    Sorry to bring this one up again after it had appeared to have faded into the background but I've been waiting for a reply off a BRFC Committee member so as to once and for all clarify the position regarding 'withdrawing' records.

I asked if I could quote the reply and was given permission. Here it is, in full:

"You cannot withdraw a record that has been ratified and is on the list.

If new facts are made known to the committee by anyone a record could be removed by the committee. The Rainbow Trout is a good example where the captor confessed that he had not caught it.

Well thats not how it is in Law, and thats what counts, the BRFC have no law holding on the records as they dont own it, the captor does, the BRFC stands for nothing in truth, as the record list is Voluntary, nothing more and wouldnt even be around if it wasnt for captors making the claim, chicken and egg, fish and captor what came first, you should know, you think you know everything.

I can only compare what you know about this, to that of your knowledge of outboard motors and the leads they come fitted with, forgot, the company that makes them were wrong and you were right. NOT.

God how boring this has become, as we went over this along time ago, and you were wrong then as you are now.

Berty Guest

Ray.....this aint a "pop" it's a genuine issue that i feel strongly about.....

The job of recording the biggest fish that are caught fairly by anglers on rod and line is something that we should do imo.

To do this we need a body...we have the BRFC, now love em or hate em that is what we have.

If a fish is caught that is a record and it is "verified" then it's a record full stop......i personally would not be happy to claim a "new" record unless it was over the old one.

The same would apply if i were say a javelin thrower......i wouldnt be happy to claim a record throw that was under another "verified" throw.

You note no mention of names.......that bit is unimportant it is the "deed" that is relevent, once a deed is done it can't be undone.
    Last edited by Berty; 05-08-2011 at 17:59.

Blog Entries

Blimey! Did I miss roach wars ?

Berty Guest

Never a dull moment Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Daywalker Clarke View Post
    God how boring this has become, as we went over this along time ago, and you were wrong then as you are now.
    Why bring it up again then, I think you have another agenda other than records and are just using this thread as an excuse for a cheap shot at Graham.

Common sense should tell you that if there is a fish that is the largest of it's kind then it's really the fish that is the record for the species and the captor in a way is secondary. If the fish was caught fairly and it's capture is an historical fact, how can you withdraw that? To claim otherwise is total nonsense and would surely make you look rather foolish if you tried to do so. Imagine if Roger Banister tried to say that he didn't want to be seen as the first man to break the four minute mile, he couldn't, it's a historical fact. The only way he could get out of being the record holder is if he admitted to cheating and his record was disqualified.

Oh, just for the record I have never met either Graham or Ray in person.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Daywalker Clarke View Post
    Well thats not how it is in Law, and thats what counts
    Now this is becoming confusing, again.

The BRFC Committee has given their clarification on the question of 'withdrawing' records, and now Ray is saying that that is not how it is in Law;

Which begs the question, which Law are you referring to Ray?

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast