Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DNA ...a new era for records or the start of a big mess ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Daywalker Clarke View Post
    Well thats not how it is in Law, and thats what counts, the BRFC have no law holding on the records as they dont own it, the captor does, the BRFC stands for nothing in truth, as the record list is Voluntary, nothing more and wouldnt even be around if it wasnt for captors making the claim, chicken and egg, fish and captor what came first, you should know, you think you know everything.

I can only compare what you know about this, to that of your knowledge of outboard motors and the leads they come fitted with, forgot, the company that makes them were wrong and you were right. NOT.

God how boring this has become, as we went over this along time ago, and you were wrong then as you are now.
    Ray Roberts will not be the only one who sees your reply for exactly what it is, and it needs no explanation from me as it is so transparent. Is that really the best you can offer to what could have been a sensible debate?

Blog Entries

Furthermore, I won't be exchanging any personal insults or red herrings with you as I believe my argument regarding withdrawing record fish is strong enough to not need the support of personal insult.

They say far more about you than they say about me anyhow.

Berty Guest

I have to say that if i could...in my wildest dreams.....choose to hold a British coarse fish record it would be either the Roach or the Pike........i see them as the icon's of British fishing......

Ray you should feel humble to have been given the honour.

Smile Re: DNA ...a new era for records or the start of a big mess ...

What is the current record for a Red Herring?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berty View Post

I like to put my feelings foreward on this one.

The present day BRFC is in my opinion one of the best yet.....Andy Nellist is someone i look upon as a friend and i and ALL those who know him have total respect for his dedication.

We need a record fish list as a guide and to record angling history.....it needs to be retained within the angling world so that it can be monitored.....the BRFC are here for that.

If lady luck ever blessed me with the capture of a record fish i have total confidence that the BRFC would handle it in a manner that was totally fair and unbaised.

I also believe that it is THE FISH and not the captor that is the important part of the record ans should be recorded.........being the captor would be something i would be immensly proud of...........but it is the fish that is recorded for posterity.

Blog Entries

According to the BRFC (and they run the show) the captor holds the record but it doesn't belong to him.

As with the other analogy I used, the 'four minute mile' didn't hold the record, Bannister did. But the record belongs to history, and history can't be changed.

Berty Guest

Hmmmmm.....

Personally i think it is "the deed" that counts.......eg, a sub four minute mile has been run, therefore if i want to hold that record i have to beat it.

Same with a fish...a 4lb something roach holds the record and if i want the record i have to beat it.

At no time during the " i must beat" thoughts did i think of the holder.....just the deed.

So either way, as you say history can not be removed from the equation, what happened, happened!

Blog Entries

But there is a whole world of difference between a record fish caught on rod and line and say the shortest time it takes to run 100 metres.

The equipment needed to record the run, the time, the stopwatch, the measuring tape, and the athletes, who's performances improve as time passes, are always available. With certain fish records, a fish to beat the current record might never again be available.

That's why my logic tells me it's the fish that holds the record.
    Last edited by Ron The Hat Clay; 07-08-2011 at 07:54.

Thats what other posters have said Ron, and that's why the "record" should stand!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron The Hat Clay View Post
    That's why my logic tells me it's the fish that holds the record.
    What matters is what the BRFC say, not what we think. They say the captor holds the record.

The fish is the record, the captor holds it, and history owns it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast