PUDDLE PIG.

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Has anybody tried this line yet, which was free with A.T. a couple of weeks ago?

I've just had a good tug at it and it seems quite good.

6lb braking strain.
0.2mm
Good stretch.

I bought a spool of a different brand two days ago and I have binned it.

Despite the name I am quite impressed with this freebie by Dragon match. Does anybody know anything about it?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
At had a pic pf a carper who caught a 40Ib carp on a dog buiscuit with it of the surface the week after they gave it away. Other than that i know nothing about the line.

I

Ian Cloke

I got some aswell Baz, it does seem to be above the stated breaking strain, and a decent quality. I'm going to be trying it out at a small carp pond soon, so I'll let you know if it's any good(in my opinion).

B

I'm thinking of useing it for a hooklngth material.

Does anybody know if it has any prefered knots?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
What you really need to do is establish what it actually breaks at with the appropriate knots in, especially if you intending to use it as a hooklink. Also does it float or does it sink and is it memory free.

Andy Garford

Reaction score
I loaded it a couple of weeks ago and used it for short range waggler fising for tench and carp. I am impressed by its performance. It casts well and has not given me any reason to replace it. I have been using a micro swivel tied directly to the main line using a half blood knot and have had no problems.
This has been a good freebe!

B

Thanks for that advice Graham/Andy. It's much appreciated.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
baz,i brought a bulk spool of the 10lbs breaking strain puddle pig last summer.i used it for carp fishing,both on bait runner type reels fishing the method,bolt rig tacticts etc.... and a pin reel for fishing in the margins close to snags....hit and hold tactics.
i had no problems what so ever with this line,it wound on my spools ok with no line twist attall,it also knotted well(3-5 turn grinner knot being my chosen one) and it also cast well.
dragon carp/match/used tackle who sell this line,have a stall and a shop on ingoldmels market near skegness if anyone is in that area.if i remember correctly they are offering some good deals on bulk spool purchases and i think i`m correct in saying they also sell a brand of line called "gold medal" which could be worth a look at???

W

Wolfman Woody

I'm just using mine to make up pole rigs.

Seems ok though.

Y

yoggy

Can someone please tell me what a "Puddle-pig" is!!!!!!!!!!??????????

B

It will be a Carp Yoggy. The label on the spool depicts one anyway. It says for catching Carp on comercials.

The line its self is looking and sounding promising though. Why pay over double the price for top branded names?

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i've used it for a couple of years now,for feeder work and barbelling in higher b/s & surprisingly on my centrepin's as its a nuetral boyancy line as it floats really well but is great for feeder fishing its not got much stretch to it so gives a posative indication,iwas in the shop to day and i think they're selling them at 10 spools (100yds) for ?5
i would of brought some but i've still got 5 reels spooled up with it off a bulk spool (you get 3x1000yds for ?15) that come in 6lb,8lb,10lb's they also sell it on 100yds spools (gold label)in the lower b/s 2-6lb and is fine diameter as well

B

Lads.
We are being ripped off by the bigger companies.
I know what I will be spooling up with at the weekend.

B

Jeepers, them quick links are cheap for three packets.

Y

yoggy

For a top notch line that doesn`t cost the earth i highly rate Daiwa Sensor for a bulk spool of 1000yds at around six quid its a bargain.I`ve used this line in 2lb bs right up to 15lb bs,its never let me down.

Dave German

Reaction score
Lathams are doing sensor for 4.99 & the clear for 5.99, I thought there was only about 6 mono manufactures in the world & just labelled for companies. If thats the case some are ripping us off.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Dragon Tackle's minimum delivery charge for postage is ?10 even for a spool of line or for Baz's 3 pkts of quick links......so add that to your price and it's not as cheap as it looks