Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default what was the last rod you bought?

Bought the Dean Macy 11/6-13ft feeder - I have the Drennan 11ft feeder puddle chucker on it's way from a friend so I bought the Dean Macey to use at 13ft - but it will be ok on the tight Rother swims at 11/6

It will be interesting to comapre the 2 rods the Dean M at £50 and the Drennan rrp £70 (bought "brand new" 2nd han for £35

What rod have you last bought
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: what was the last rod you bought?

It was a second hand Shimano Technium DF 15' Specimen Match. It's a cracker and was bought for very little.

Shakespeare Mach 1XT power feeder 13ft.
    Excellent rod, and at the price doubly excellent.

...it caught me my first carp in 30 years this afternoon, among a handful of bream.

Blog Entries

A little 7ft abu garcia spinning/stalking rod. 1Ib (or there abouts) TC lovely through action.£20 from a second hand shop. Got it with trolling plugs for perch in mind. Had a quick bash with it the other day on a small overgrown brook using slugs and jigs, great fun with plenty of small chub and perch, great fun.

Blog Entries

The last one was a stepped-up Avon rod; Harrison blank finished by a young rod builder from the Midlands.

He made an excellent job of the rod and at 11 feet it is ideal for some of the Hampshire Avon swims that I regularly fish.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

An ebay wreck. Last successful purchases which I remember were a Rodrill and a BLack Seal, both all-built-cane, eleven foot, heavy float rods. I've refurbed the Black Seal, and have yet to do up the Rodrill (it was in a better state) and have had a number of carp and bream on both.

Last modern rod was a Grandeslam Academy 10' float rod.
    I adore it, and if it had a threaded tip ring, it would become my all-rounder of choice.

Last rod was a Drennan Mk 4 (?) Tench Float which has served me well and has become a favourite all-rounder.It managed to land an unexpected 17lb carp without a problem and doubles as a quiver tip rod at a push and even touch ledgering with it is a pleasure...

Prior to that, well it just too long ago to remember as most of the rods I use are fibre glass bought an absolute age ago and still in fine fettle...

Never understood the point of buying loads of rods that just sit.......although I appreciate many anglers(if readiing the posts on FM are anything to go by) just like to have 'the latest' and nothing wrong with that at all....
    I have thought about buying several rods (including a Harrison and some other highly thought of rods) as I really appreciate pure quality and good design but I end up thinking-why, and do I really need them??

ps It drives my wife mad that I 'fence sit' on this subject -she thinks I'm too careful and think just a little too much-and knows that once bought I would really enjoy them. She even offered to buy me a PAIR of Barder rods-made to measure-for a birthday and although I would love to have them I'm still thinking about it..........stupid really isn't it................................................ ..

Drennan Red 10ft "carp" feeder. Lovely rod..ideal for shorter range feeder fishing for roach and bream on some of my club waters. Trying not to buy any more "major" items (I have what I need)
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Cee View Post
    She even offered to buy me a PAIR of Barder rods-made to measure-for a birthday and although I would love to have them I'm still thinking about it..........stupid really isn't it................................................ ..
    Yes, procrastinate not, just tell her to buy them

They are beautiful rods and you'll get many happy hours of use from them.

I wouldn't trade my Merlin for anything . . . . . . well, anything short of Natalie Portman that is!

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

second hand Drennan big feeder rod - lovely!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast