barbelboi

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Terry Hearn certainly has an impressiv CV including [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bazil: 45lb 6oz, Yateley North Lake.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Mary: 55lb 13oz, Wraysbury.
Two Tone: 50lb 13oz, Conningbrook.
Black Mirror: 48lb, ‘The Mere’.
Fat Lady: 51lb, St Ives Lagoon.
Heather the Leather: 48lb 2oz, Yateley Car Park Lake.
Sid: 51lb 8oz, Dinton.
Black Eye: 50lb 1oz Chad Lakes.

PS Also the Burfield Common at 47lb.14oz in 2009 - it had only been on the bank 5 times in the previous 12 years.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
B

Berty

PS Also the Burfield Common at 47lb.14oz in 2009 - it had only been on the bank 5 times in the previous 12 years.
[/FONT]

Stunning.........................................

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
In fairness though, it's not like he's got anything else better to do ..........

Mind you he had to start at the bottom i suppose to establish himself.

I guess most of us don't know how much time and effort some anglers put in to their fishing, more of a job than a hobby in some cases.

flightliner

Reaction score
If anyone catches the biggest fish of a species and its an irrefutable fact then well done to them I,ll acknowledge it and the angler who caught it.
For some its a one off, others maybe one or even two more, its also fact that many records have been broken and have gone un-noticed and unheard of, fair enough to that too,thats how the world works.
What hacks me of on occasions tho is that some knock the idea of Record holders (not the fish)and at times I think its on account of the fact that its jealosy, plain and simple, they (the knockers) have never been out and done anything of note , they want to-- and sometimes big things up about themselves but the simple truth is they just ar,nt capable for perhaps a number of reasons.

B

Berty

In fairness though, it's not like he's got anything else better to do ..........

Mind you he had to start at the bottom i suppose to establish himself.

I guess most of us don't know how much time and effort some anglers put in to their fishing, more of a job than a hobby in some cases.

To attain a list like Terry has would entail an absoloutly massive amount of effort.......those carp dont give themselves up.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
It is indeed an impressive resume, i wish i had the time and resources to dedicate so much of it just to fishing.

B

Berty

Me to Steph.........but i have known men who have climbed Everest or chased a dream of theirs in other ways.

There is the saying if you want it...........just do it.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Me to Steph.........but i have known men who have climbed Everest or chased a dream of theirs in other ways.

There is the saying if you want it...........just do it.

And that is what Terry did !!

He was a Postman when he caught Mary and like the rest of us worked hard for his fish.

Okay he's a Full Time Angler now, writing for magazines and endorsing products, which allows him more time to fish inbetween his committments to the companies !!

But only the best can be in that position and he is one of the Very Best there has ever been in Carp Fishing.

Bob

B

Berty

And that is what Terry did !!

He was a Postman when he caught Mary and like the rest of us worked hard for his fish.

Okay he's a Full Time Angler now, writing for magazines and endorsing products, which allows him more time to fish inbetween his committments to the companies !!

But only the best can be in that position and he is one of the Very Best there has ever been in Carp Fishing.

Bob

Hear hear.

Reaction score
I think the possibility of ever catching a record fish is well out of reach for most anglers, just a dream. When i look at the current record list the weights given are just fantasy fishing, truly impossible specimens.
I think that it is just as great an achievemnet to catch a venue record afterall to quote that often used angling cliche you can only catch what is there.

Was that you doing the 'poker-faced speci-pose' with a 6lb plus (?) snake in the AT this week Danny? :p;)

Quality fish mate, well done! :)

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

[/FONT]

Was it the 'Black Mirror' that died in a massive algal bloom/ pollution episode recently?

richiekelly

Reaction score
i belive that it was, TH hasnt only caught big carp but big everything else that he has targeted, that to me shows what an angler he is.

noknot

Reaction score
Yes, sadly the "Black Mirror" along with most of the other stock species! I remember seeing a pic of a haul of big Perch that TH caught, awesome fish! Indeed one of the top Carp anglers of all time.............

B

Berty

If Terry ever caught a UK record it could never be seen as a one off bit of luck could it ?

dannytaylor

Reaction score
A lot of the members of this site are "old school" anglers and seem to be inspired by the likes of walker et all.

Being of a younger generation Terry Hearn is a source of great inspiration to me i enjoy reading about his angling exploits. Along with martin bowler i think these anglers are todays modern greats.

(the burghfield common..........................what a truly stunning fish!)

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yes, he held the record for about 2 years until the same fish came out slightly heavier. I believe that, at least since the Bob Richards record fish in '51, that the record has never been beaten while the previous record fish was still alive.

(the burghfield common..........................what a truly stunning fish!) It certainly was Danny, and Burghfield lake is an incredable lake to fish

Last edited:

noknot

Reaction score
Yes, he held the record for about 2 years until the same fish came out slightly heavier. I believe that, at least since the Bob Richards record fish in '51, that the record has never been beaten while the previous record fish was still alive.

(the burghfield common..........................what a truly stunning fish!) It certainly was Danny, and Burghfield lake is an incredable lake to fish

Indeed! Here is Terry!

terryhearnburghfieldcom.jpg

Not Terry, but an awesome pic of the BM with Dave Lane, who is another great Carp angler!

Black20Mirror20Dave20Lane2053-04205th20UK205020pounder.jpg

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
And to think I must have fished Burghfield Lake well over a hundred times during the 80's and 90's a never caught it once.:eek:mg:

noknot

Reaction score
And to think I must have fished Burghfield Lake well over a hundred times during the 80's and 90's a never caught it once.:eek:mg:
BB I can't remember the details, but Terry did a lot of hours on the water. As I remember Terry caught many other Carp before the Common, just like ticking off a list until he reached his goal, amazing angling!