the bigest fish of a species

no name of who caught it
    no name of venue
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Default Re: Record fish....

Quote Originally Posted by Berty View Post
    Your not off thread, you are bang on............i dont.

Anglers earn respect by far more complex ways than catching record fish
    Exactly - look at Bob Richards, I don't wish to degrade his capture, but even he would have agreed he was a novice angler in the right place at the right time. There are certain others who have made a habit of being in the 'right place at the right time' on a regular basis, maybe not catching a record fish but consistantly being there or there about and catching what a given water is capable of throwing out.
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Exactly - look at Bob Richards, I don't wish to degrade his capture, but even he would have agreed he was a novice angler in the right place at the right time. There are certain others who have made a habit of being in the 'right place at the right time' on a regular basis, maybe not catching a record fish but consistantly being there or there about and catching what a given water is capable of throwing out.

how very true
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

Blog Entries

Yes Brummie it's the fish that holds the record. It's not the angler that weighs 44lbs or whatever the record breaking weight was.

Right!

The record is of the largest authenticated capture by fair angling for each species

Blog Entries

I think the possibility of ever catching a record fish is well out of reach for most anglers, just a dream. When i look at the current record list the weights given are just fantasy fishing, truly impossible specimens.
    I think that it is just as great an achievemnet to catch a venue record afterall to quote that often used angling cliche you can only catch what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by dannytaylor View Post
    I think that it is just as great an achievemnet to catch a venue record afterall to quote that often used angling cliche you can only catch what is there
    Absolutely spot on. There are many great anglers about who choose to ignore the lime light. Who consistantly catch top fish for thier venues and one or two have one lucky break and milk it for all it's worth, and usually get very boring about it too.
    PaSC Designated On Road Driver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTodd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Paul of Sheffield View Post
    Sponsorship has created that beast
    I'm sure you are right there
    Well that's 2 of us. But mate, I believe most anglers do.
    Three of us.

Catching big fish (for the waters fished), or winning matches, consistently is how good angling is defined.

A one-off record is no measure of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by andy nellist View Post
    The record is of the largest authenticated capture by fair angling for each species
    Quite right Andy,

Regardless of who caught it and in which manner !!

The rest is Bow Locks ?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by barbelboi View Post
    Exactly..consistent catching of exceptional fish, & that's why I think Terry Hearns capture of Mary has to be up there as one of the 'great' record captures. A series of exceptional captures from impossible venues culminating in the capture by design of the star fish at a new record weight.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast