Painting Q tips

Paul Hawkins 2

Reaction score
What's the best paint to turn a silly useless 2 inch bit of red sight tip into a foot long of proper white quiver tip?!
Emulsion isnt brilliant when you play a lot of fish with the tip in the water!

Joskin

Reaction score
A mate of mine is a painter by trade and got himself a tin of iluminous while paint. It looks superb in low light and darkness. I am not sure exactly what the paint is but it is the sort they use to paint fire exits etc so that they glow in the dark.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Humbrol Glow luminous enamel from toysrus or any hobby/arts/craft shop, about ?3 for 14ml pot.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Tipex for me too. You can allways take it off at a later date.

E

Evan

Humbrol is good stuff..... while it remains available.

It wasn't just Airfix that went down into receivership a couple of months ago.

It was Humbrol, the owners of Airfix, who went down first and took Airfix with them, not the other way round as I at first assumed.

I found this out to my cost while trying to get hold of a pot of flourescent orange Humbrol enamel to tip off some floats. No way jose etc - if anyone can lay hands on some Flouro orange then I would be very very grateful....

So best advice, grab whatever supplies of Humbrol stuff you might need now and in the future now and when you see it.....

G

Grant Lever

just wonder why you want a white quiver.imho black is the best colour,especially after dark when viewed against the sky.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i prefer white as it shows up better against a darkish backbround features like tree's ect and against dark moonless night sky's and they show up well in bright moonlight and in low daylight light or against a gray cloudy night sky i'll use the avon section instead,i also prefer a longer quiver section as oposed to a short push in type especially those black ones with just a different colour 2" near to the tip,or short white ones where they bend at a different rate to the carrier section and end up looking like a crook and at worse cause a flat spot and poor line angles as the joining point is usually between two eyes.i prefer longer taper quivers that give a more progressive bend (to help cushion the lunges better of fighting fish)that start at a eye and has the right number of eyes to get a smooth curve without any awkward line angles so the line follows the curve of the rod.

B

Budgie Burgess

When building/repairing/re ringing QT's I use a matt spray paint sold as a car primer.I find matt seems to show up better in moon/star light and with isotopes.Yes not varnishing it or adding a gloss top coat does mean its harder to keep clean but Im prepared to live with that.

If you have an allready rung/built tip you can use plumbers PTFE tape.Wraps round nice and thin shows up well and as no adhesive is required easy to remove/renew.