angling clubs in cleveland & n.yorkshire

R

Ray Cox

I'm looking to join a club , any info on prices ,waters available and species etc...

D

Davy North

Hi Ray,

I'm a member of Middlesbrough AC. They control a number of ponds, a stretch of the Tees at Dinsdale, and 8 to 10 miles of the middle Swale, which I'm sorry to say is still closed due to F&M, but the situation is improving.

The fee is ?25 a year and I think a ?10 joining fee.

For more info phone Ron on 01642 863067

R

Ray Cox

Maybe I should just ask you all my questions Davey , you seem to know all the answers , cheers .By the way , I used to fish a small pond at east rounton(about 10 years ago) which was at the time ran by APV .Do you have any info seeing as your from that area ?

D

Davy North

Ray,

I'm going to let you down here Ray I don't know anything about the pond you mention. However APV did take over Stockton Bricky a while since and introduced a pike kill policy so I don't really see eye to eye with them. But if I can help with anything I will always try.

Nicky,

You could always try your local tackle shop, they can usually give you numbers of clubs, come to think of it a mate of mine phoned Thornaby AC a while since with a veiw to join he got the number from Cleveland Angling Centre in Thornaby (strangley enough)

R

Ray Cox

Funnily enough Davey I only live round the corner from the bricky but haven't fished it for over 10 years as I always remember it as being pretty poor fishing(no that I'm an expert). thanks for you time .

M

Matthew White

Hi Ray.
I dont know if this will be any good to you as its not exactly in Cleveland or Nth Yorks but Ferry Hill Angling Club seems quite good. I was checking out what waters they run over the weekend at the tackle shop in Ferry Hill. They run quite a few stretches on the tees and have still waters all over the area. Iv got the info at home and I can post it here if you want, just let me know.
Matt

J

John Hepworth

Ferryhill & District AC secretary,
Barry Hignet, Tel 0191 3883557, or membership secretary, S Kent, 01740 655626.

Hope this helps.

J

John Hardy

HI RAY DID YOU GET FIXED UP WITH A CLUB
IN THE CLEVELAND AREA WHY I AM ASKING IS
I AM LOOKING TO JOIN A CLUB IN THAT AREA
MYSELF WITH A VIEW TO DOING SOME RIVER
FISHING THE POINT I AM MAKING IS WHICH
CLUBS OWN PARTS OF THE RIVER TEES
WOULD APPRECITE ANY INFO RAY

THANKS JOHN H

B

Bob Watson

Yarm angling association, flynns tackle have details, stockton angling, fairfield pub have meetings every other tuesday i think!!??, ferryhill is a good club but I've dropped out. As i have yarm which is also a good club but expensive with the joining fee, yarm is in the association, has a lot of tees water and shares more with other clubs.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Try Thirsk Angling Club.I used to be a member before taking the southern shilling!Good stretches of the Swale at Catton(especially for winter chubbing) & at Crakehill(opposite Cundall).Some good barbel in the latter without the crowds on the Cundall bank.No stillwaters. They have also a fair bit of the Cod Beck which fishes very well in winter when the Swale is in the fields.

Cost was very reasonable a few years ago & id be surprised if it was more than ?30.00.Contact Thirsk Angling Centre for details.

Tight Lines!