catana 1oz quiver tips

henryk

Reaction score
hi all i recently bought a shimano catana ax medium feeder. it came suplied with 2 quiver(2oz and 3oz) now i appreciate that it's designed as a medium feeder rod but does anyone know if i can get a 1oz tip for this and if so where from.
thanks in advance Henryk

henryk

Reaction score
p.s. would my rod be unbalanced if i put a 1oz tip on it.
thanks Henryk

W

Wolfman Woody

Not at all. Can you get in touch with the dealer who sold it to you and ask them to order one for you?

I am pretty sure that all Shimano tips fit all Shimano quiver rods and there is a Shimano 1oz quiver tip - I have one.

W

Wolfman Woody

Just checked, I think the Nexave is a similar rod in dimensions and they do 1oz tips.

Get a few behind you as spares.

Some shops do 3rd party tips that sometimes fit or can be sanded down with wet and dry. Not too difficult if you take your time.

Paul T

Reaction score
Henry I used to own a shimano quiver tip rod and when I needed a new tip the tackle dealer took one off a different shimano rod because he had run out of spare tips. He said all shimano tips fit all shimano rods. shimano tips are very good but expensive mine cost about ?15 . look after them!

E

Evan

Last time I was in Vale Royal Angling's shop* in Northwich they had a load of different universal quiver tip lengths which would cut to length / base diameter / size for less than the Shimano OEM product... tho original is best if you can afford it !

* No personal connection etc. beyond being pleased customer....