Chilli Bait

bloodtype

Reaction score
Hi all,

Daft question but something I have been wondering about for a while.

Given the trend for adding chilli to groundbait, spod mix etc has anyone ever tried a whole chilli as a hookbait? If so, were they successful?

noknot

Reaction score
Have you tried to eat a whole fresh uncooked Chilie? If not let us know what you think after you have tried one???

My Wife eats them like peanuts, but then she is from Thailand!:p

bloodtype

Reaction score
I have indeed, not always the most fun of pastimes! I had a glut of them last year when I grew lots of different varieties in my garden. I now have a freezer full, hence my somewhat unorthodox thoughts on how to use them!

bloodtype

Reaction score
Next time I get a chance I'll give it a go and let you know!!

quickcedo

Reaction score
The fact is we do not taste things the same as fish, so who knows. If we only used baits we 'think' are good then perhaps nobody would have ever used Sweetcorn or Luncheon Meat. You give it a go, preferably several goes then let us know.

noknot

Reaction score
Remember the HEAT and the oils are contained in the seeds!!! Once removed the Chilie is not hot, but a pepper, Oh and do not touch your eyes after handling Chilies or your togger as it will burn!!!:eek:

bloodtype

Reaction score
That's true to a point, I have some Dorset Nagas which you would struggle to eat the skin of. Hot as hell!

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

MarkTodd said:
The fact is we do not taste things the same as fish, so who knows. If we only used baits we 'think' are good then perhaps nobody would have ever used Sweetcorn or Luncheon Meat. You give it a go, preferably several goes then let us know.

Good point. If I ever try it I'll report back on my findings. If I can get my eyes to stop watering first!
Interested to see if anyone else has tried it.