River Arrow

newbieneil

Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone here has fished the arrow mill stretch of the river arrow recently?... only last time i fished it about 6 months ago there looked like a massive ram in the second field down(over the stile) ...i was reluctant to go anywhere near it and this ruled out half the fishery(and my favourite swim)- so im keen to find out if anyone knows if it is still there or is it safe to go in with it? (i was charged by one when i was younger and now im not too keen on them! lol)

Cheers-Neil

newbieneil

Reaction score
is that the fish inn stretch? whats that like ?... ive looked at it breifly but it didnt look very long to me,i know you cant fish any further down from the bridge but how far can you fish upstream?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Neil
It is the Fish Inn stretch at Wixford, day ticket from the pub, there are 18 pegs (not really marked) that run from the bridge to the bend on the other side of the weir. Only fished it once, by the bridge, was plagued by bleak and minnows.
I saw chub, bream and a barbel in the swim but there's not a lot of depth to play with and I suspect it may be very low now and I'm going to wait for some rain before trying again.

Ian

newbieneil

Reaction score
thanks for the info mate- me and a mate had a look at it last summer and we could see carp in the margins probly about 5lb and loads of shoals of roach and smaller fish but like you say it is very shallow upstream of the wier at least,as soon as we got near they all shot off at speed.i wasnt sure if you could fish further up thats all as we didnt go that far past the wier.

cheers-Neil