New scales required

Y

yoggy

My old scales have seen better days,and to be honest I very much doubt their accuracy.
I`m really not sure which ones to go for.But before anyone says,the FOX DIGITALS are a no-go.I just find them to big and bulky as I do a fair amount of roving on the Rivers.I need something that is small,accurate and lightweight.

E

EC

Yogs, I Agree with Bryan, except to add, you can also buy 2 pairs of a non/different branded variants off ebay for about 30 rips.

I got some digi (waymasters??? I think) 14 rips incl P&P!

E

Eric Hayes

Yoggy, I can recommend these people. I got some last season, I had a bit of trouble with the first pair they sent me but they changed them with out any problem, they even gave me a free set of batteries.

I got the Jennings Ultra Sport

I did got some that was supposed to be Rapalas from ebay but I think they was snide because they went arse up when I changed the batteries in them. I contacted the vendor but he didn't want anything to do with them. The Jennings have a tape measure in them and also a back light but this does eat batteries if you use it a lot on the plus side they are quite small and I like that in a set of scales.

I bet the FOX make you look like you've got a big pair of balls though :p

W

Wolfman Woody

If you haven't got one already, take out a subscription to Coarse Fisherman and ask the lovely Colleen for a set of Thompsons FREE

Y

yoggy

Thanks Chaps.Woody already subscribe mate!.

I`ve looked at both Berkley and Rapala,they look decent scales i`ll check them out.

Hope all is well Eric,I still didn`t manage to get up your way mate,I`ll do my best next year to try and see you!!.

Those Jennings look very good,are they very big mate?.

E

Eric Hayes

Yogs, it's all gravy mate. Spring or summer would be best if you fancy a session on the Ribble.

They are very small, not much bigger than a cigarette packet.

Y

yoggy

Nice one mate,thats just the size i`m after.
I`ll order some.

All the best,see you soon mate.

john charlton 2

Reaction score
yoggy on the jennings page theres some salter electro samsons ?68.i got mine on ebay for ?30 inc p+p.lightweight in a pouch,id recommend they weigh in kilos,lbs,lbs/ounces.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Reben Heatons although quite large are light and very accurate. Mine are always in my fox stalker bucket whilst I'm out roving.

W

Wolfman Woody

"digitally dodgy!"?

How dare you? I hope not, mine seem ok. Only problem I can see is they forever store the heaviest thing you have weighed on them. I weighed a car battery and they think that my biggest fish to date is now 32lbs.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Every bloody fish I weighed Woody was 14lbs 3ozs! No matter what I treid to clear the screen it still popped up. Got rid of them three months ago.