what boots

Dave Pratley

Reaction score
I have approximately ?40 to spend and would appreciate if members could recommend a pair of decent waterproof and warm fishing boots

Lark

Reaction score
Dave, I'd avoid the Shakespeare Bankside Boots (and other name variants they are sold under). I'm very unimpressed by mine and have gone back to wearing my old Sundridge Hotfoots.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Don't make the mistake of buying the Prologic field boots. Rubbish to walk in, even moonboots are better.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have just bought a pair of Sundridge Hot Foots.

They are really warm and most of all, easy to put on.

Dave Pratley

Reaction score
thanks a lot for your help. I think I'll have a look at the sundridge hotfoot boots first

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
spoddy dave,didnt you have a load of tackle for sale,i think you mentioned it on another thread???
if it was you,i mailed you a while ago asking for details etc... but as of yet have heard nothing back.

S

Spoddy Dave

Yes i still have tackle for sale including hotfoot boots.
Had mail off Bryan and Ian,but had no other mail asking for the list.
hotfoot

Fred Blake

Reaction score
A bit out of your price range, but anyone with the money could do an awful lot worse than the Goretex lined leather boots made by Dubarry. I have had a pair for four years now and can honestly say that they have transformed my winter fishing. What's more, I don't need to put on an extra pair of socks, though of course you can if you need extra warmth.

Mine are one size larger than I normally take, which ensures there's plenty of room. One thing to watch out for with any footwear is that any extra pairs of socks or additional liners don't restrict movement; if they do you'll reduce blood circulation which means your feet get cold quicker.

Oddly enough I have yet to see another angler wearing Dubarry boots, although they are immensely popular among the riding fraternity. Perhaps the ?180-odd price tag puts anglers off, though I don't know why; they are happy enough to replace their rods once a year...

Trisantona

Reaction score
Go on ebay and check out,the_codfather13,loads of bargains,i can recommend.watch postage costs..

L

Laurie Harper

Skee Tex field boots are nice. Warm and comfortable to walk in - look smart (for a field boot) too.

Andrew Turton

Reaction score
I have had a pair of the sundridge hot foot boots (lace up style) for about 5 years now and I am very pleased with them.
I have stood ankle deep in water while spinning and felt no cold getting in or water for that matter. For the price you can't get better.

John Richards 4

Reaction score
I do not recommend the newer Skee-Tex Super Boot. They look good but do not keep your feet warm. They are nowhere near as good as the Skee-Tex Field Boots.