litter on our river banks.

flightliner

Reaction score
That is my experience on the Avon & Stour also.

The thought of someone using a bag as a toilet and then hanging the bag in a tree for someone else to happen upon is simply revolting.

From a general litter point of view, I think we are a poor example in the UK. I travel regularly in the Eu and beyond, including Poland, and in my experience it is hard to find a place where litter is strewn around with apparent abandon in the way it seems to be in the UK. Discarded fast food cartons are my absolute pet hate.

Terry, I agree with all you say but when it comes to graffiti we are but fourth division compared to the spanish and italians!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Come on, think of all those white buildings - graffiti artist's paradise - I'm surprised they have started graffiti club charter holidays.;)
Jerry

waggy

Reaction score
The deliberation involved is what irritates me. They usually go to all the trouble of bagging it up, so they are aware it's litter, and then they chuck the whole thing away, either on the bank, beach or rocks. If they didn't bag it, at least the bio-degradeable part would eventually disintegrate. Some of the dog owners are the worst offenders in that respect - they cover it in a nice neat little plastic bag so it won't rot down and then hang said bag on a bush or fence. What goes on in their tiny minds!?

flightliner

Reaction score
Back in the eighties I used to fish a river for carp in the wintertime. I used to travel down a very lonely lane at first light and park up, this was most saterday mornings and without fail there was always a used condom that had been purposely hung from inside the car onto a thorn bush.
By the winters end there must have been over ten or more along with one or two pairs of rather racy ladies underwear.

redfin123

Reaction score
Back in the eighties I used to fish a river for carp in the wintertime. I used to travel down a very lonely lane at first light and park up, this was most saterday mornings and without fail there was always a used condom that had been purposely hung from inside the car onto a thorn bush.
By the winters end there must have been over ten or more along with one or two pairs of rather racy ladies underwear.

were,nt your condoms were they flightliner, going down lonely lanes sounds a bit fishy to me.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Hi Flightliner. I live in swallownest and while i have fished in lots of places aroung england and denmark my main focus is on the local commercials such as aston ponds and odd session on the river rother though i havent been down there for a while. Im 72 now and dont venture too far afield these days but i enjoy my outings and have made lots of pals in my little circle.I do the odd day baillifing for the chap who runs aston springs and that helps me meet and chat to fellow anglers. Im in Denmark at the moment and am just about to check my gear over for a trip out tomorrow with the grandkids so ill close now and wish you tight lines Mick.

flightliner

Reaction score
were,nt your condoms were they flightliner, going down lonely lanes sounds a bit fishy to me.

:wh:wh:wh:D

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Mike ,hope the trip goes well. Swall- will still be there when you get back, as will Aston.If I find time I ,may come down to the ponds one day for a walk round--