New all round reel needed

Keith Hampson

Reaction score
Hello, I need a new fishing reel, I would like one that I can use for all my type of fishing which is River trotting, Canal fishing, Leger/feeder fishing so I will need it to have an instant anti-reverse option, my last reel used to go back half of turn when striking while feeder fishing causing me to bump/lose fish also struggled to get a tight line with my quiver tip. I will need at least 3 spools, as well as keeping it as small and light as possible, my budget is about ?50 give or take, any suggestions.

Regards Keith

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Shimano Exage 2500 might fit the bill; you will need to buy the extra spool but that will still just about be within the ?50. These reels have ideal dimensions for trotting - something many reels fails on.

Steve Masterman

Reaction score
I can recommend the Shimano Super 2500 GTM-RA. I really cant fault it, the fighting drag is brilliant. It is relatively small and a very pretty reel. Unfortunately it only comes with one spare spool although spools are readily available. Mine has landed fish from a couple of Oz's to 15Lb comfortably.

Keith Hampson

Reaction score
how about the okuma sequal 30m, any good i have seen it on offer at 15 quid