My fishing gets better

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Well, i've had yet another corker of a day today having another PB... I caught the one and only, bertie BARBEL, all 10lb of him. I will put pics up in gallery soon for you to see. Today i used something which Bob Nudd showed me a few week ago which (you lot may have) i never seen or used 'the speedfeeder' basically a blockend feeder which i cut a window in filled with pellet and maggot then a slight film of groundbait to close the window.I fished it using the loop method which my local tackle shop man showed me.

W

Wolfman Woody

It's getting a little tiresome now keep saying "well done Wendy luv.", but "WELL DONE WENDY LUV."

I'll never tire as long as you keep catching them. promise!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Woody, i know i am having a 'good run' at the minute but i am out there to achieve my goals, and i am getting them. I also know there will be bad days around the corner and i will be prepared for them, but at the minute i'm loving it.
You lot are my fishing family, and i like to share my news with you, i hope nobody thinks i'm being 'bigheaded'because i'm not i'm just happy.

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't worry about it. It's just that you are doing so well it may sound a bit repetitive when we keep saying "well done".

But it is heartily meant - well, from me it certainly is.

(creep, creep.) heheheh!

J

Jeff ( Lucky ) Spiller

Well done Wend, your so lucky to catch a nice barbel like that.

E

EC

well done mate, great fish, the thing to ask is, are you achieving your goals because of your own efforts or because of the anglers who have helped you, or both?

Either way, it makes no difference to me mate so long as you are enjoying your fishing, well done Wend and good luck.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Eddie... I've had some excellent anglers help me out, and yes it is because of them people i am what i am.I go fishing on my own most of the time apart from when i go on the fish-ins and so i have to do it all myself. But, i set my heart on catching these specimen fish and that is exactly what I have done.

the pic is up in gallery now.

john charlton 2

Reaction score
nice fish wendy looks in good condition.you'll definately get the ribble bug now,did you get it in the channel 3/4 over?.not fished there at all this season,theres some good fish there,as you now know!

B

Bob Lancaster

well done wendy its nice to see that your enjoying your fishing i only took it up again late last year after 35 years off and have had some nice chub to 5.5 lbs but i wouldnt have had those if i had not read about or listened to good fishermen personaly i dont care if got sat beside me at the bank and gave me instructions it all helps and what a life it would be without all the friends we fishermen make good luck babe and you keep learning just like me tight lines

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
John i got it just over half way and yes i have 'the bug' :)

Bob, thank you and yes i am enjoying my fishing at the minute.I eat, sleep, and breathe fishing at the moment, my head is always in some kind of fishing book/magazine looking and learning.

F

Fred Bonney

You keep it up Wendy,you will never stop learning.
Don't ever think you've got the beating of it,because it will kick you in the ba ,well metaphorically speaking!:O(

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ahhh, but can you cach em like the one in the photo the other day Wend :eek:)

Seriously, well Done Wend, and don't go giving the credit to others, you did it and no one can take it away from you. We can all get information from books, mags and on here (or in you case in person from the stars of the angling world) but, you are the one putting it all together and landing the fish. you deserve the plaudits.

by the way, what did you get it on Wend?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers wodder's your pic was excellent i told you that!!

I caught it on my favourite bait at the moment, which is Bronze Maggot! It's working and so i am not going to change. Scott there is too many baits out there that confuses me therefore I'll stick to the one that catches me fish haha.

R

Rodney Wrestt

"Cheers wodder's your pic was excellent i told you that!!"

That you did dear, thank you.

I agree Wend, although, I do like to also use worm, pellets, pastes, corn, bread and the odd boilie...... hmmmm, I see what you mean :eek:)

Seriously, I like to keep pellet, corn and bread as they are easy to use on the spur of the moment when I don't have a session planned. I've also started freezing the maggots I have left over as they are just as good as lives.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Christian, i have no intentions of stopping either "dah dah dah dah dahhhh i'm loving it" (sang to Mc Donalds tune):)

Reaction score
Got to say all my fishing on the Ribble seems to have coincided with floods and biting cold! As the old song continues - "with a blank, blank here, a blank, blank there" - Not had the same problem on the Severn

What are you going for next? 5lb chub?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Yep, how did you guess:),then roach, tench and finally carp.

It was up over a foot yesterday, and running really fast, i had to use some extra weight on my feeder to hold it.