Drennan Float Fish Line

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Is Drennan Float Fish line ok for Stillwater Waggler fishing or is it far better suited to trotting floats on moving waters ?

Thanks in Advance
Steph. :D

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always / usually want my line to sink when fishing a still water.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Do you have to treat the line to get it to sink then ........ say 50 / 50 washing up liquid and water ?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have to treat the line to get it to sink then ........ say 50 / 50 washing up liquid and water ?

You can use that, or the 'line sink' made by various companies.

Personally I find it more than sufficient to simply 'cut' the line beneath the surface by dropping the rod tip into the water and giving a sharp tug on the rod. That works on both rivers and stillwaters.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
All normal nylon mono naturally sinks but the finish - matt or shiny - determines whether it's easier to get it to stay afloat or cut under water. For waggler fishing I prefer Maxima (different finish to Floatfish and Bayer) in 2lb for waggler fishing but Floatfish like Bayer will sink if cut under water. A line sink spray or floatant (don't try both on the same line) helps matters depending on whether you want a line to float or sink.

stooby

Reaction score
its what I use on the river because its a great floating line , but I'd use maxima for waggler work,
try tying a small piece of sponge to the corner of you rod rest soak in washing up liquid
then when you reel in place rod up tight against sponge and wind back in,
then when you next cast, line will sink like a stone.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Sounds fine dayefeeney but what happens when it rains-do you end up with piles of bubbles sitting on the water??

(add smilie thing here!)

ps Overall I would choose Maxima for both but I appreciate some other lines sink just as well if not better...