Bob Dylan question on EA licence

fishface

Reaction score
Hi all,
My first post after lurking for a few centuries.

I use "fishface" as my id because Richard Farrow is already using my name as if it were his own! Two people with the same name, both interested in fishing - where else in the universe could that happen, eh ?

Anyway, to business - received my new EA licence today and on the back there is a new note under "Important points .." which says "Always ensure that you have the correct number of licences for the number of roads you are using."
Now I thought at first this might be a spelling mistake and should say "rods".
But I realised how many thousands of people are employed in the Government agencies and I knew then that a simple error like this could never slip through.
So, I think we should all compile a list of the roads we've used, and are likely to use, in connection with fishing and write to the EA asking their advice on how many licences we need.
I'm up to 42 and still counting .. any thoughts ?

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
The government making a simple mistake like that? surely not. So if we get taxed on the roads we use to fish and then they introduce road taxing, will we be paying twice ?

T

The Monk

"Always ensure that you have the correct number of licences for the number of roads you are using."

I usually walk down a dirt track at the back of the house, so I suppose I no longer need a rod licence, and other times I use the train, maybe its part of the Governments new an enviromental policy to encourage us to walk and use the railways and leave the car at home?

T

Terry Comerford

My mate studies very small roads, he's a pathologist.

Graham Davies

Reaction score
My mates given up roads, taken to two wheels and gone mad...

He's a complete cyclepath.

He needs to go see a"trick-cyclist"!!!!!!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

My mates given up 'roads' and now goes to Corfu ...

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

There was an argument taking place yesterday at a magor road junction. It was over the lack of bailiffing by the E.A. They were crossroads.
In a roundabout kind of way, I agree with them.

keora

Reaction score
The problem with the national EA rod licence is that there is no space to print all the rules and bye laws about fishing on rivers and stillwaters. Don't forget, what might be legal in one region may be banned in another region.

So the licence itself gives anglers no guidance on what is permitted. But if you phone the number on the licence, you can speak to someone who will give you advice.

T

The Monk

its the same with public transport tickets, but they say in accordance with terms and conditions, you couldnt possibly print all the legislative rules and conditions on a fishing licence, but thats not what the thread is about of course, mind you roads is one letter longer than rods, so its a bit of a waste of space really

Robbie H

Reaction score
'I go down Billy Lanes, do I need a licence?'............you need a mortgage mate if your buying from Lanes in Cov. lol

C

Cakey

this old girl came up to me this morning and said "excuse me where does this road go to ?" I said " I dont know its always there in the mornings when I get up "

Matty C

Reaction score
how many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man.. ?