what's you favourite feeder?

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well, we have lists of favourite reels, rods, hooks, etc what about feeders...style, shape even brand if you want!
My all time favourite is the Nisa flyer...well made feeder that has never let me down.
what's your's?

mark

agamemnon

Reaction score
i dont know the brand name but i tend to use a cage feeder around 2-3" long for 75% of my feeder fishing

andreagrispi

Reaction score
Drennan whether it be groundbait, maggot or cage feeders. I also like fox for range fishing.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Drennan Feeders for me too ...... it's just a personal preferance thing.

Although Kamasan Black caps are my prefered Maggot Feeder.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a few korum feeders which are well made but I cannot in for the life of me understand why they cost so much, its the same with the fox feeders, they are good but are a few quid more than drennan and nisa...WHY?

MARK

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Oh,
kamasan are the best blockend on the market...never let me down

mol

Reaction score
I tend to use a cheap generic plastic open ended feeder for most of my fishing. They're hadly cutting edge technology and don't see the need to pay twice the price for a branded feeder. I do prefer them with a rigid plastic stem than a power gum link and swivel to connect the feeder to the mainline as I find they tangle alot less, particularly when fishing running rigs.

I rarely fish maggot feeders, I bought a mix lot a while ago and find them much of a muchness although I do find the ones with an elasticated lid alot more user friendly.

rustyangler

Reaction score
For me it has to be the Drennan Gripmesh. The most effective method with groundbait, maggot, hemp and pellet I've found for everything from trout and grayling to barbel and chub on my local river.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Drennan, in most instances (especially like the inline maggot feeder) + a soft spot for the black cap.
Jerry

paul80

Reaction score
Drennan Maggot, Cage and method for me as well. Although I may give the banjo's ago soon as they look like the mini pellets will stay on longer.

Paul

red creel

Reaction score
Much as others have said on the rivers its the Drennan Gripmesh or a Kammy Blackcap for method style on stillwaters i use match style feeders that come with their own moulds.Mine are the Garbolino ones although Preston and Drennan amonst others sell similar feeders.

Frank Elson

Reaction score
I've only started using feeders this year so I'm still learning.
Generic open ended plastic seem to be ok, I've tried a few mesh feeders as well - no idea of the make.
Both seem ok on stillwater, but the plastic has caught me more on the river.

I think that getting the weight right is more important than the type.

chav professor

Reaction score
Don't have a favourite, each needs to fulfill a purpose. The feeders that transformed my roach fishing last year were tiny, little micro feeders that hels a pinch or two of fluffy bread flake. I could add a little feed each cast without overdoing it.... this was a tight swim and accurate casting was not an issue - it was either on the spot - or up a tree, bank etc........ I wonder if the roach will be there again this year?

Wag

Reaction score
Cheap cage feeders - packet of self-grip hair rollers from Poundland type shops. Strip the velcro covering off, add a strip of lead suitable for the size and a swivel - Bob's your uncle - a dozen feeders for a couple of quid in whatever size you want.

rollers.jpg

View image in gallery