River Wensum Composting Plant Protest/Petition

Dan Tungate

Reaction score
Please follow the instructions on from this link: http://www.pweh.co.uk/insidestory.html
and add your name to the petition...

The Wensum is Norfolks only main river to run from a chalk aquifer, therefore any pollutants from this plant (no matter about the perennially unfounded 100% safety claims) will sink directly into the substrate and on into the river.

The Wensum is East Anglias is Norfolks premier specimen river fishery and in certain stretches a thing of true beauty. Also due to the chalk stream nature of the river it contains many rare indigenous and endemic species.. The river is already under immense pressure from water abstraction, farm pollutant/run off and silting amongst the many other things a modern river has to stand up to..

This kind of planning flies in the face of sterling work from organisations such as the Norfolk Anglers Conservation Association and other conservational bodies...

If one of the moderators could pin this thread, I would be very grateful..

Thanks..

W

Wolfman Woody

Bit late now, it says "You must register your objection by Friday 30 March."

This is the link.

I understand how you all feel though, particularly with regards the stink. We have one near us and the b*****ds turn it over on nice warm summer evenings so the smell can permeate through your back gardens just as you're enjoying a barby.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Woody you have the right to object to a planning issue right up until the planning committee puts their shiny fat ar*es down in the seats for the planning meeting.

Planning depts. like people to object for admin reasons well before the meeting, so they can get the written reports out for the committee.
If a planning issue is supported by the council planning officer(s) and in their view it should be approved. A late long submission about ?material conditions? (technicalities of the case) can work to the advantage of the objectors, as they (planning dept) have little time to write a rebuttal ;0)
It?s even more helpful if you have a person able to give a presentation to PC on the very late submission, who knows the technicalities inside. That really stuffs the Planning officer presenting the recommendation for approval. :0)

Also remember objectors only have one stab at this, they cannot appeal against an approval.
Only the applicant can do that if they are turned down for approval and that is to the Sec of State.

My view on this one is, that is what the applicant will do if they are turned down on this application.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

With respect and sympathy to the campaign group having read the EIA last night, I can find little wrong with it and it ticks all the boxes that are need for an EIA.

Whether the development is right for the area it is proposed for, is an entirely different matter. And not knowing the area at all, I couldn?t say whether is or isn?t!
Clearly, the people who live there feel it isn?t.

If as you say, you have a plant near you that is not doing what it says on the tin, then you may have ?material conditions? the campaign group needs to know about ASAP.
As that plant will have to be working to the same regs as this one is intended to do.