River Lot France

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
It is of great use the information Posh thank you.I hope the seed merchants might have something suitable for baiting with as weight limits are tight .
Smoke dodger I am looking at early september as yet not sure which dates but can let you know.I shall post back when I need to pick all your brains again .Any more info on the fishing available would be great.

Reaction score
Don't worry too much about baits Gav. The hypermarkets/larger supermarkets such as Leclercs or Intermarche have fishing sections - normally with a fair sections of boilies and groundbaits, they will also have maggots (asticot) but you will need to pay a lot for about 20 grubs!! Sweetcorn is cheap and plentiful and there are certainly plenty of aromatic meats you can use!!!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Great stuff I struggled a bit in Spain so thats nice to know,I know about the maggots being worth their weight in gold from previous visits to northern France.Its all falling into place nicely I know what a difference it makes not having to find out all this when you get there when times limited so thanks again.