Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where are they?

Default where are they?

Ive never caught a grayling and living in the birmingham(somebody has to) im pretty sure ive got some travelling to do to find some,where do you think the closest place i have a chance of catching them on the float ?...ive heard the upper severn by shrewsbury has a few but is there anywhere else i can try for them with a 70mile radius of birmingham?

Cheers-Neil

Blog Entries

Default Re: where are they?

I think the upper Severn on the BAA book is your best bet. The area around Welshpool is a good bet if memory serves.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

The other place to try is the Dee around Llangollen, but that might be just outside your target radius.
    The Old Pedant

Quot homines, tot sententiae. My blog

Neil, the upper and middle Teme would be one of closest rivers to you with grayling in, take look on here:
    Birmingham Anglers Association

Blog Entries

Forgot about the Teme!
    The Old Pedant

Quot homines, tot sententiae. My blog

Search out clean chalk streams and you will find grayling. Chalk streams my not however be in abundance around Brum

They certainly arent in abundance in brum terry! sean-i will take a look at the baa-im going to get a season ticket anyway in the new year so can shoot up to welshpool no probs ,as for the teme -ive fished it quite a few times around knightwick and bransford and . I know parts of the teme have been so dry this year that they have dried up completely and the e.a have had to rescue fish that were cut off,not sure where exactly though.

cheers for the info chaps

p.s-when would be a good time to fish for them?...are they more prolific in the winter months?

cheers

River Kennett is a good bet

Maybe someone will get the Itchen fish-in organised, then some of us "Northerners" can have a go at this Grayling fishing

Quote Originally Posted by itsfishingnotcatching View Post
    Maybe someone will get the Itchen fish-in organised, then some of us "Northerners" can have a go at this Grayling fishing
    Northerners are quite well served for grayling fishing, thank you very much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newbieneil View Post
    Ive never caught a grayling and living in the birmingham(somebody has to) im pretty sure ive got some travelling to do to find some,where do you think the closest place i have a chance of catching them on the float ?...ive heard the upper severn by shrewsbury has a few but is there anywhere else i can try for them with a 70mile radius of birmingham?

Cheers-Neil
    Neil, bang on your seventy mile radius, if all else fails then nip up to sheffield town centre, loads in the river Don thereabouts.Easy peasy too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast