sinking/floating line confusion

frothy

Reaction score
Just read in anglers mail an article regarding trotting line and the advice given is to use washing up liquid to sink the line between the float tip and rod to get better float control! I was under the impression you required floating line to stay in control/contact with the float and to have as much as possible out of the water? :confused: im far from an expert on this matter am i missing something???

Last edited:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi mate,
Angling rags are ALWAYS right!!
Seriously though, the advice given is wrong, to trot a float you need your line to float so that you are able to mend it.

mark

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Crikey, I thought Dave was back for a minute there.

Sorry Frothy, but we had another member once called Frothey, slightly different spelling. Good bloke, great carper...

You trot a STICK float with floating line, but a waggler's line should be sunken (IMO). Was that made clear?

chav professor

Reaction score
An exception may be when wind is troublesome, i use a shot behind the float - it assists in mending the line without too agressivly disturbing the float........ Otherwise it must be a floating line for trotting - I learnt that from a magazine so i hope that one was right.........