Molden lane ponds

A

AndyL

has anybody fished these ponds there are just out of darlington at croft.north east england just trying to get some info on them any help would be great

cheers andy

simon harbottle

Reaction score
Hi Andy,its called molten lane and there is only 1 pond.I fished it today and did about 50lb of crucians skimmers and tench.top fishery,bite a chuck stuff

A

AndyL

hi simon i fished moulten lane today wow never seen so many fish lol its packed to the rafters i pulled 22lbs out the there today some nice fish too i relise what you mean about bite a chuck stuff what bait where you using i used maggots and sweetcorn have you tryed corn hill just up the road ? ?

simon harbottle

Reaction score
Pellet and meat is the way at moulton,just keep dripping it in through a bottle top,22lb aint bad for your 1st session,my m8 fished carp corner on sunday and lost about 150lb,he still did the ton,this peg is black with carp.As for cornhill it has some quality fish in it BUT the rudd torture you on some days and you catch nothing but them

A

AndyL

well i was there at moulden on wednesday and i had a good session mind you a watched a rather large carp snap a young kids pole in half he looked gudded and i wouldnt blame him

simon harbottle

Reaction score
im sick of cracking mine(not on fish) and at ?300 a section its getting to the stage when i darent get it out my bag,as i said this is a quality venue and if you can catch it on a overcast day youl have a serious days fishing,what fish were you catching Andy?

A

AndyL

?300 oh dear lol i had carp bream little tench and perch but all in all wasnt a bad day

simon harbottle

Reaction score
Try fishing the 1st peg you walk onto Andy at 13m into the shadow of the tree,use HEAVY GEAR,feed a few bits of meat every drop in and meat on the hook