Angling Times/Behind the Times

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Brilliant write up from Angling Times this week on Adams Mill. I had to check the date just to make sure it wasn't April 1st. Maybe this rush to get into print for Tuesday has backfired somewhat. I'm convinced that this site and ones like it are going to be the first with the big news in the not to distant future.

T

Tony O'dell

What did Angling Times say?..i know the Anglers Mails got the story about right..

C

Carp Angler

They said that MKAA had lost it and that it had gone to a small syndicate and not a club.

G

Gary Knowles

In effect though they have lost it havent they ?

Yes, the syndicate is going to be run by MKAA but membership will now be strictly limited whereas until this season anyone could fish the most famous barbel stretch in the country for twenty odd quid.

Its all pretty sad but I suppose the outcome is as good as could have been hoped for. It will be interesting to see how the 40 syndicate pleces get filled. Personally I'd offer them the the longest continuous members of MKAA first, then to people within a close radius. Mind you i suppose that would upset a few people !!!!!!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
If the syndicate is going to be around 40 strong, I would expect each member to pay around ?250.00 for their place. I can see a problem on the horizen, ie: not enough willing to pay.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Cant seem em getting 40 paying 250 quid if it goes that route. Maybe 15, 20 at a push. Always sounds easy to fill a syndicate but it aint always the case. 6-7 swims, no night fishing, 1 bank. Anyone on here join? Maybe MKAA will subsidise the cost!