archie braddock

cormorant

Reaction score
been reading his books and am interested in mega tench and floral surprise for tench anyone tried these and what results? ta.

dezza

Reaction score

I used to use Floral Surprise to flavour maggots and casters when I was heavily into tench fishing in the nineties.

It seemed to work well for me. I have many 7s the best being a tench of 8 3/4 lbs.

cormorant

Reaction score
thanks ron apart from maggots and casters did you try it on anything else?

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I had great success with big tench on a deep pit through the winter and early spring 8 years ago flavouring my maggots with concentrated pineapple. Caught them to exactly 9lb - god knows what that one would have weighted in late spring/early summer. Had catches of over 100lb with numerous 7lb+ fish - sometimes catching all the fish within a 40 minute feeding spree.

cormorant

Reaction score
I had great success with big tench on a deep pit through the winter and early spring 8 years ago flavouring my maggots with concentrated pineapple. Caught them to exactly 9lb - god knows what that one would have weighted in late spring/early summer. Had catches of over 100lb with numerous 7lb+ fish - sometimes catching all the fish within a 40 minute feeding spree.

what make of pineapple flavouring?

chav professor

Reaction score
There is definately something about Archie Braddocks flavours - my favourite is Red Surprise for perch - so much so, I have 2 bottles. Are they still made?

terry m

Reaction score
I asked a while back for the Red Surprise perch attractant from Braddocks and was told that production had stopped some time previous.

If anyone knows different and knows a current supplier then please share that information.

Morespiders

Reaction score
There is definately something about Archie Braddocks flavours - my favourite is Red Surprise for perch - so much so, I have 2 bottles. Are they still made?
You better hope so, is it good?, do you not think you would of caught the perchies without it Christian?

chav professor

Reaction score
You better hope so, is it good?, do you not think you would of caught the perchies without it Christian?

I caught a rather substantial net of perch (11lb odd) with several nudging 2lb from my Dad's mill pond. Would I have caught those perch without it? Don't know.......

It smells a bit soapy, but perch don't seem to mind the smell - if anything it may encourage them or help them find maggots as they bury into the gravel on the bottom

bigchub

Reaction score
I asked a while back for the Red Surprise perch attractant from Braddocks and was told that production had stopped some time previous.

Archie Braddocks additives are now supplied by Shaun Harrison's Quest Baits. I know there are only a few powdered additves available at the moment but you never know what may be in store for the future

Braddock?s Additives at Quest Baits

cormorant

Reaction score

If anyone knows different and knows a current supplier then please share that information.

walkers of trowell sell liquid flavours and quest baits powders

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if you can still find them Braddocks powdered spice mixes where very good for dusting maggots. Archie is a genius no question about that!

Mark