Preston Innovations Carbonactive

S

Steve Cookson

Does anybody have any information about the new carbonactive range of rods from Preston Innovations,especially the 15/17 foot rod.

R

Richard Drayson

Steve, I posted a similar thread to this one some weeks ago. What info do you require? Did you see the review in Angling Times?

S

Steve Cookson

Richard i didn`t catch your thread or the report in the Angling Times.Did you get many responses from your thread?What date did you post it.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Steve, you can read the thread here

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=2&UTN=2500&last=1&SP=&V=1>Richard's Thread</a>

S

Steve Cookson

Thanks for that Rod.Does anybody know if the action is altered on a 15/17 ft rod when the extention piece is put in?

R

Richard Drayson

Steve, I wouldn't know if the action is altered with the extension fitted, but the whole point about these rods is the zero lock-up. I suspect these rods have a similar action to the more expensive rods by Carbotec.
I phoned around for some prices for the 14 footer and found that Davies Angling in Staines, Middx were selling them for ?149.99.(RRP ?210).
The RRP for the 15/17 float rod is ?225.00 so I reckon they could do this rod for about ?160.
Why not give them a ring (0800 136 031) and ask?
Sorry, but I've chucked out the A T review on these rods, but remember reading that these rods are supposed to be the dogs doohdahs.
Let us know how you get on.

R

Richard Drayson

Steve, any luck then? And have you seen those new Zebco Rhino rods in todays Angling Times...WOW!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Im after a new Barbel trotting rod for next season.Any ideas as to whether the Carbonactive 13 footer might fit the bill ? The reviews ive read seem to concentrate on it as a carp pool bagging rod.

S

Steve Cookson

Richard still not got one yet,the Zebco rods look pretty good but they don`t make a 15/17 ft rod.