paste for roach

caesarson

Reaction score
Tumeric, some supercup soaked into the bread or fishmeal soaked into the bread. I have always found if there are roach there. They will take anything.

Woach

Reaction score
Cheese paste for big Roach. It was certainly the bait of choice for rivers such as the Severn.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Why faff around making paste? For roach I would stick with flake or punched bread. I'm with ceaserson, if they are having it they will have anything ......

caesarson

Reaction score
I was reading a magazine the other day that states that using fennel seeds/corriander in groundbait and paste is the thing nowadays when targeting roach.

watatoad

Reaction score
I was reading a magazine the other day that states that using fennel seeds/corriander in groundbait and paste is the thing nowadays when targeting roach.

Not this time of the year maybe September or possibly early October, give the biggies flake or if you are feeling generous cheese paste. For me at the moment looking at the weather just bread flake.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I dont always bother with the paste just mould a small piece of cheddar around a 12 hook. Best in the summer as the cheese does not go hard but, I have had some better roach with this. Probably a paste would be better now the cold weather. I agree with Toad, flake or a even a small piece of crust anchored on the bottom is good now, but the cheese gets less attention from small roach to my mind.

caesarson

Reaction score
Not this time of the year maybe September or possibly early October, give the biggies flake or if you are feeling generous cheese paste. For me at the moment looking at the weather just bread flake.

Will have a go with this later in the year then